KillJoy

Jan 7, 2004
Every time I go riding, my bike gets full of mud. The mud stains the bike brown and the only way to get it off is to wash it completely by hand. In some places it wont come off. What should i do???

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
KillJoy.

If there is a oval dirt track around you where they run open wheel type cars, (sprint cars), go there and ask around the pits what they use for mud. Most of the dirt track car guys use a spray that is applied to their cars prior to wheel packing and practice sessions. This spray, (can't remember what it's called.), keeps the mud from sticking. Have heard of people using 'Pam'. This is a no stick spray used for cooking but, may be a little expensive to use for your whole bike.

Good luck. :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
He's got pride in his ride, nothing wrong with that.; I use simple green and a presure washer and it works fine. Hand washing once and while is part of the game as well. You can spray WD40 on your stuff prior to the ride, that works too.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
If you don't have a pressure washer, a garden hose, snonge, small brush and your cleaner of choose will work fine. It can be a little more work if the bike is really muddy, but you can get it clean. I agree with Elk, I use Simple Green with good results. You can pick up a gallon at Sam's Club for about $8 I believe.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
;):)

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Here's a couple of tricks...Liquid Tide. When I raced in new Jersey the dirt there stained the tires, palstic, etc. Regular soap did not cut it. I mix about a halfg cup of liquid tide (regular stuff) in a lter spray bottle with water. Hose the bike down good and spray this stuff on, let it sit a few minutes and wah as usual it works well. My kid just sprays it on, waits, and then hoses it off. It'll make the tires look new. Another trick is Pledge. I know of a MC mechanics traing center that sprays this stuff all over the engine, frame, etc. after working to remove smudges. It also leaves a slight layer of wax which helps shed mud. WD-40 is another option, I use it on the metal after washing myself. Anyone of the above methods should be tried in small amounts to make sure it's comaptible with your set-up. I like em clean too! My kids think I'm crazy but my bikes always look like they just flew in from Japan (LOL). Nothing wrong with keeping them nice, helps when you go to sell them too, I know. Ignore the naysayers, good luck. :yeehaw:

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
i happen to use what elk does, and also if my powerwasher is out of gas i use a heavy-duty house broom and a 5 gal bucket of hot water. (i have a drain on my hot water heater...) the broom is the absolute best thing next to a p-washer.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Yup........ that's a DIRTbike.

I used to use the old garden hose. But after one time with a pressure sprayer, I'm sold. Ya don't even really need soap!

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Yea what i usually do is just soap and HOT water, The garden hose works just fine as far as pressure goes, and if there are some tough spots i usually hit it with a little degreaser and it works fine. Just use the degreaser sparangly.

2003YZ125

Jan 25, 2004
here is a trick i learned to use on my prerunner truck. after washing the bike really good make a solution of 50/50 with mop n' glo and water. use a cloth and dip it in the solution and basically rub it all over the palstics. it will keep the dirt/mud from sticking firmly to the bike. i also use this on my lifted 2500HD truck since it is a pain to clean all the time. this keep dust/dirt/mud from "clinging" to paint/plastics and its safe for the paint/graphics.

Top Bottom