kytrailrider

Feb 25, 2008
I have a 220 or so I thought. When I looked at the bike all the information said 220. The frame has a 220 serial # and it says it is a 220 on the sticker on the frame on the sterring stem. My suprise was when I went to replace the piston, I bought the 220 size piston and rings. But when I pulled the piston and went to replace it, it was two big :yikes: . So my question is has anyone else run across a bike that is a 220 by name but 200 by engine :pissed:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
yep happened to me and I could'nt be happier

what happened is the 220 piston exploded and being smart your PO did like my PO and installed the superior 200 cylinder/piston for better overall performance

if you'd looked at the jug bottom right side you'd seen it says something like 198cc.

I never ever order parts before I disassemble the cylinder and measure anyhow

river251

Oct 23, 2009
So if I'm curious what a 220 is like I can just swap in a 220 head? Cheaper than the whole bike...

Would I need to swap my fatty pipe too?

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
The pipe would be fine, but you would need cylinder, piston, head, and top end gaskets. Course, this goes for ANY H series 200 owner too.

I wonder if your carb was swapped for the larger 200 carb?

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
if your curious about what the 220 is like you could do some reading on these forums and may realize that bigger in this case is not better..read port timing differences, carb smaller and tuning issues.

its not just a bigger piston

river251

Oct 23, 2009
Yeah, good point. I guess unless you go through the full mods, the 220 won't stand up, so just swapping the head etc. would not really let you see what the 220 can be.

Jeff Fredette said if you plan to do all the possible mods the 220 is the way to go, but unless you do, it's not. I don't like the idea of completely changing the bike, not to mention it would cost close to a grand.

Top Bottom