How difficult is it to install Gold Valves?

KruncH

~SPONSOR~
Jun 15, 1999
After configuring the stacks, how difficult is it to install gold valves? It's on a 1998 KDX200. Are there special tools required like mills, taps & dies, etc... Are their precise steps like drilling within 1 mm of something?

FYI, my own ability covers complete fork disassemble and assemble, several top ends, rebuilding the entire rear suspension (rocker arm and swing arm), and clutch rebuilds. The only thing I haven't done is disassemble the shock and split the cases.

Is Race Techs instructions pretty clear? Does the video help? Right now I can't afford to send the forks off and get them done. But I have come accross a good deal on the kit itself. I just don't want to bit off more than I can chew.

Thanks for any input.

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
It's a pretty easy job if you have disassembled forks before. There is nothing more to it than replacing the factory valve and shim stack w/ the RT parts. The video will outline everything you need to know. It's a good product and you will learn something in the process.

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
Anybody have any thoughts about the differences in performance between Race Tech vs. MX Tech vs. Pro Circuit etc. for suspension mods? Do these vendors use similar styles of valving? There does seem to be a wide margin in pricing & am wondering is it parts or service related.

Top Bottom