How do I get the spring off my rear shock?

JEEP FARM

Jan 21, 2006
Hey guys,

I've tried to search this but can't find what I'm looking for!

I am trying to take my rear suspension apart so I can rebuild it and have it recharged. I loosened off the to spring nuts but can't figure out how to get the spring off. Does the shock shaft come out some how letting the spring come off that way or what?

Thanks, Jay

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Try this.

Attachments

• 61men00_254_1.jpg
    61men00_254_1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 238

JEEP FARM

Jan 21, 2006
Thanks IndyMX,

I have the spring off now and have released the Nitrogen, taken the cap of the shock cylinder. Then I took the c-clip out so that the piston and shaft can be pulled out of the cylinder.

This is now the part that I'm having trouble with. I can't get the rod guide any further out from the cylinder than flush with the bottom of the shock.

I hope this makes sence, Anyway if you have suggestions I would much appricate it!

Thanks, Jay

baker

Feb 11, 2008
if you have taken out the circlip out of the bottom of the shock body, it should come out.The only thing that can hold it in at that point is the bushing.If the bushing is in a bind try pushing the rod back in and working it in and out, just dont force it.I am asuming by c-clip you mean the clip at the bottom of the shock body and not the resviour.

sinner95cr250

Mar 3, 2008
whan i pulled my one apart the oring kept geting stuck where the circlip sits in the cylinder. i just pulled a littil harder and it came out and now i need to know how much oil/fluid do i need to put in a 95/94 cr250 rear shock? and do u put it in befor u but the shaft and seal head back in the cylinder or can i do it after i put it all back together. cheers jake

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
Oh boy here we go again, go to Mx-Tech.com under "support" you will find the Showa shock rebuild instructions. Its very detailed, but it might help.

Top Bottom