How do I meet other folks to ride with?

May 9, 2007
Hi!
This may sound like a wierd question, but here is the deal. I just moved into the Denver area. All of my riding is from the street with just a bit tooling around on a dirt bike. Well finally I took the plunge and bought a KDX200. I have been getting gear off of craigslist in prep to ride. Yet I realize that the idea of riding around in Rampart alone is not the hottest idea. I am an older married guy and don't really want to rip it up with the mx'ers so the track is out.

So what is a newbie married guy to do? Poker runs at Rampart in September? Are there any "new to dirt" instruction days around the Denver area?

Thanks!

Chris

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
You could a lways resort to the internet. You could create a myspace if you don't have one already, then search for people ijn your area and ask around if the ride, then you could make arrangements with them via myspace and meet up at a popular place or somethin. Just a thought.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
myspace? Humm... there are thousands that have gotten together to ride, right here.
Post in the "Places to Ride" forum, or in one of the local chapter forums. Always lots of good people to ride with.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I moved to Arizona from Michigan last year, didn't know anyone. I searched around and found a couple of the local riding areas, loaded up, and went out there. Just talk to people at the trail head, or find someone taking a trail side break and stop and chat. I've met dozens and dozens of people this way, and through them found tons more riding areas and people to ride with. Same worked for wheeling the Jeep. One of my best buddies out here now I met by stopping and talking to a guy on the trail.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Too bad the track is out. There is a sweet track north of Denver in Berthoud. There are 9 different tracks there,sweet tracks! The SX track is NUTS!! We were just in Denver and many other surrounding areas for a wedding.

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
changed my vote

MXGirl230 said:
Too bad the track is out. There is a sweet track north of Denver in Berthoud. There are 9 different tracks there,sweet tracks! The SX track is NUTS!! We were just in Denver and many other surrounding areas for a wedding.

Wow.... You didn't say that when you asked if you should go to the bachelorette party....!!

I change my vote. (That was you wasn't it?) Skip the self-centered bride's last day of freedom trip, and GO RIDE!!!

How'd it go, anyway?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
olderndirtmom said:
How'd it go, anyway?

I updated that thread...check it out

Top Bottom