Rookiebiker

Nov 23, 2003
My question is this, What all do you do when you winterize a dirt bike? I already turn off the fuel line and ran the fuel out of the carb, what else should I do to winterize my bike?

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Put some fuel stabilizer in the tank. Gas will only stay fresh for about one month. One good product is called "Sta-bil." And another tip, take out the spark plug, and pour in one tablespoon of your pre-mix oil into the cylinder. Then just hand crank the bike over once or twice, this will coat the piston, rings, and cylinder walls.

Rookiebiker

Nov 23, 2003
alright,
But should I leave the carb the way it is or should I run some fuel stabilizer though it once and then turn the fuel off again?

adstott

May 23, 2002
I put fuel stabilizer in and start up the bike and let it run for a a few seconds then i turn it off shut the petcock and drain the carberator bown via the main jet access plug. That way you don't have to worry about the carb. On the speed channel they were talking about winterizing your motorcycle and they said after 30 days gasoline starts to form a hard varnish and thats what clogs carbs.(I just found that interesting, doesn't take much to keep me interested.)

Or you could just ride it in the winter and not have to worry about it!

Top Bottom