WANABEAPRO

Mar 28, 2001
I am new to these d/b forums. I need to know everything on "HOW TO BECOME A PRO". Anything and everything i need to know. Also, where to ride..like where do the pro's ride at and practice at? Thanks, Kenny

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
couple questions

1. what stage of riding or racing are you now
2. where are you located
3. what type of racing do you do.
4. what type of equipment do you have

wardy

------------------
"don't wake me.......I am working."

WANABEAPRO

Mar 28, 2001
This is goin to sound funny and seem like i don't know nuthing at all, but here goes. I have a 4-wheeler right now. I'm trying to sell it a.s.a.p. I'm fixing to buy a 1999-2000 YZ125. I've road many dirt bikes and have been riding since I was 9. I'm very crazy and will do anything anyone tell me to do. Not to sound, sarcastick(how ever you spell that). I just wana know where the pro's ride/practice at. Where you can go to be crazy at...do crazy tricks. Like where they will say"LOOKS LIKE THAT KID HAS TALENT"....and so on..Thank you, Kenny H.

WANABEAPRO

Mar 28, 2001
Please explain the difference. I want to race were the pro's are and do freestyle on the weekend's. You know what i mean? Thank you , Kenny H.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
well you answered one outa four questions, i can't help you without that information.

wardy

------------------

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Getting there is a simple eight step process:

1) Get the bike.
2) Go to this Web site:
http://www.megacross.com/district_17/schedule01.html

3) Show up at the next race on the schedule.
4) Tell the lady at the window you want to race the 125 "A" class.
5) Pay her the money and fill out the papers.
6) Go to the gate when they call you.
7) Race!
8) Make sure you bust some tricks over all the jumps.

Trust me, you WILL be noticed. (The people who notice you will take care of things from here.)

Good luck,
James

WANABEAPRO

Mar 28, 2001
James, thank you very much that's what i was looking for. Thanks to all the others too. I'm 15 and I'll be 16 in October. Thank you guys, Kenny H.

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
He was joking, To just dont decide to be a pro you have to work your way up from the d class or c class. Its not something that you just decide.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
HA now that is feeding the lions on that one for sure.....

main thing is to go out have a good time, pay attention to all riders, specially the faster ones and you will be fine.

thanks

wardy

------------------

DaddGoneMadd

Apr 23, 2000
Go out and race all the local races you can. When you get to the point that you are winning consistantantly at the local level, you should then have a few sponsors, and could MAYBE race at the pro level. Last year I watched Tommy Hoffmaster race the Supercross at Joliet and not make the main on Saturday. Then I saw him Sunday completely wax the locals at Byron. These are two completely different levels of competition. When you see an example like that, it really makes you appreciate the pros.

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Hofmaster has some heart. It was inspiring to see him almost qualify for both the 250 and 125 mains in Indy, especially when he just ran the 250 LCQ (missing the main by one slot) and had to line up immediately for the 125 main.

I wonder if Rusty, the guy who runs ProSource, is smiling or shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders watching his boy do that?

James

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
I talked to rusty about tommy a few weeks ago and lets face it how could any sponsor not like that kid. Rusty is very happy (his words) with tom.

Actually at one time rusty was a alot like tommy years ago, how do i know you ask? Cause he used to kick my tail every weekend, course then he still does!

wardy.

there are many of us that watch tommy and are very happy for him, its nice to see the midwest produce the riders it has in the last few years.

MrYZ

Feb 2, 2001
In order to become a PRO you need to start racing at your local track and getting whats called CONTENGENCY POINTS and once your winning to the point of being the best at your local track you can see about racing with the "big boys" and believe me no matter how fast or good you think you are there is always someone faster and better look at the KING MC he thought that he was the best until Carmichael came into town. As for freestyle I wouldn't try any of that kind of stuff until you have mastered big jumps because your not going to be doing any can-cans or nac nac's off the whoop section.

PaigeJordan4

Feb 10, 2008
i'll answer ur question.
first ppl like travis pastrana and stuff have like big yards and jumps in it 2 practice.
u have 2 learn the bacis like using ur front brake and clutch when cornering.
then u need 2 learn cool tricks like nac-nac's and can-can's, tail whips.
im 14 and i can do thoes but i've been doing tricks since i was really little.
im not a stalker so idk but i think that most pro's live in cali, flordia, north carolina, and ohio. i have pro's that live near me but u never really hear about them.
going pro isn't all about doing cool stuff.
ppl that do go pro have been doing really cool tricks and stuff since they were little so i would try 2 do really cool tricks but dont do anything stupid like backflips.
first u have 2 learn and live by racing then if u do go pro start going into freestyle stuff and who knows maybe u'll be the next travis pastrana.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Alright guys, before today, the last post was May 7th. Not last May 7, 2007, but way back in 2001. You should look at the date of the post before answering the question, the guy is long gone.

Last Activity: 03-03-2002 03:33 PM

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Hmmmm... you'd think there would be a way to close threads that have been inactive for a long time.. You know, 5 years without any activity and the thread is dead...

Just a thought.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
ha. Kindof makes you wonder what this kid's up to now... You knew he had to be young to think that since he was getting ready to buy a bike he could just go ahead and jump in the ring with Ali.

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
ok can i go off his question.if i cant afford racing all season.and i just make a track and practice that.get really good and stuff and just not be noticed at all but be able to smoke alot of guys that race all the time.how fast can i get noticed later in life like when im 17 18.if i just ride trails and stuff know for fun then try and race alot and go somewhere if im good enough can i get noticed really fast.?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
No doubt. But, I wasn't all that shocked to see our little buddy pop in here with that question. I was sorta shocked it took him so long though. ;)

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
I agree indyMX, there should be a way to delete threads that are old. I have answered to a couple I think in the past.

Top Bottom