Status
Not open for further replies.

YZ85KID

Jun 9, 2008
I've been riding quads since i was 3 but I just recently got my first dirtbike. It is a 1999 Honda cr 80 and I was wondering what it took to get sponsored. I would really like to race and was wondering who could help me get there.
Open to any suggestions. :think:

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Depends, are you just looking to get free stickers to show off to your friends or are you a talented racer in need of financial support by other companies to help you make a reputable name in motorcross? Its not easy being a privateer and sponsers arn't looking for Joe somebody off the streets to spend their money and parts on to get their name out in the industry. However hard practice, entering many races, and the people you surround yourself with have a big impact on your recognition. Also there are many free online websites in which you can signup and fill out stats to get you on your way, just google it. Not sure how relavant this is in the 2t forum?

YZ85KID

Jun 9, 2008
Both kinda i want to race but i'm still waiting for approval from Mom and Dad. The reason i want sponsors is because they say mx is to expensive. It would also be nice having the coolest graphics when I go weekend riding with my friends.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
My two cents: Graphics kits are cheap. Just go riding with your friends and have a good time. A few years will go by faster than you would expect and you'll have your own job, car, and money to support your own hobbies such as motorcross. If you are a determined young individual who thinks he has what it takes than discuss is with you parents, im sure you can workout something out. Who knows you might become the next Pastrana. No one's dreams should ever be limited by money. But sometimes thats just the way it is.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
You need to talk to local shops about sponsoring you like you are oging to a job interview. And don't expect them to give you anything free. You might get a slight discount on some items, but that will probably be it until you start showing results. Even then, you have to present yourself in a professional manner because you are representing somebody other than yourself.

Most of all:
  1. Pull up your pants
  2. Fix your hat
  3. Tuck in your shirt
  4. get a decent haircut
I know that's tough, but if nothing else, pull up your pants and fix that damn hat! If you can't wear it right, don't wear it.

and I forgot to mention:

do a search on this topic, because it's been covered many times.

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
YZ85KID said:
The reason i want sponsors is because they say mx is to expensive.

So let me get this straight, you've never raced, you are a quad rider who is just starting to ride an MX bike ( a nine year old bike at that) and you think someone other than your parents is going to be willing to fund your riding? Does that sum it up accurately?

The first question you'll be expected to answer is :

What exactly do you bring to the table that would make anyone pay dime one to support your racing?

Get back to us when you have a decent answer.

Last edited:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Start racing, get noticed (for riding ability, not surviving the biggest wrecks), then follow the advice you have been given. And don't expect a free ride, unless you are a phenomenal rider, your parents will still be footing the majority of the bill.

That graphics kits will probably cost you as well. Now that my son is riding for a local shop (Mouse's Cycle and Guns: in Jacksonville, NC) I get a discount on parts, but I did pay dealer cost for the kit. You can get a decent set of graphics from an online shop for what I paid, but we must represent the shop that helps us.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
(not mentioning the name because of spam rules)
That wouldn't be considered spam ... riders are more than welcome to mention their sponsors.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Thanks Okie, I wasn't sure, didn't feel like looking it up at the time, and didn't want to risk breaking the rules either.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
dirt_head said:
how can you get sponcered. :whoa:

First step is to learn how spell sponsored.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A mis-spelled resume would have to be the number 1 no-no! NOT to mention it is on a computer with at least 1 spell check readily available!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
dirt_head said:
how can you get sponcered. :whoa:

You don't. ..... NEXT!!!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
FruDaddy said:
Mouse's Cycle and Guns: in Jacksonville, NC)
My new favorite store, motorcycles AND guns...it doesn't get much better than that! They got two of my expensive habits covered.

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
First I would like to say if you just getting started and wondering about getting sponsored then your in it for the wrong reasons. Motocross is a fun sport, if your not having fun your never going to be good. Just have fun with the sport and dream about being sponsored. Just ride kid,

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
High Lord Gomer said:
My new favorite store, motorcycles AND guns...it doesn't get much better than that! They got two of my expensive habits covered.

Now if they only sold frilly lace camouflage undies you'd have all 3 of your expensive habits covered :)

Ivan

MXrider238

Jul 18, 2008
how do i get sponsered???? :)

Im just getting my rm85 after riding atv's since i was 4
but i need sponsers because my family is not to rich. I need them because they could help out with parts. help me find a easy place to get a sponser :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom