Stoked_KX

Sep 7, 2001
Here's the situation:
I can get my KX in the back, and I try to angle it somewhat in the bed. (there is absolutely no way the extender would fit with the bike being straight in the bed). With the bike angled in the bed, I can at least clip in one side of the extender, but not the side closest to the rear tire.

I am just wondering if anybody has been successful getting their bike in the bike with the extender clipped in. Or are those with Sport Tracs leaving the bed extenders off?

Thanks.

Stoked_KX

Sep 7, 2001
Ok, yeah, I'm retarded.... Sorry for the post making no sense for a second time.

Bottom Line: Anyone fitting a 125 in the back of a Sport Trac and still be able to lock the bed extender in place, please hollar at my dumb a$$.

Thanks for everyone's patience and not flaming me straight to hell.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
'99 GMC 1/2 ton 2wd ext cab 3 dr, 6 1/2 ft bed with either a homemade bike rack, or homemade 8x12 snowmobile - type trailer.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Let there be no doubt, enclosed trailers are the way to go, especially if you travel a lot in weather or just a lot period. Mileage and speed become a factor but the convenience of a protected transport/storage unit far outways the money. I've had a 14' HiPoint trailer for about seven years now, it's set up for primitive/bachelor camping; has a ramp rear, fold down bed, coleman stove, overhead/front storage, two axles, weighs 1800lbs, hold three bikes and tows really well. Aerodynamics play a larger roll in mileage than weight in my case since the trailer is about 9' tall. I tow it with a "modified" Cummins/Dodge flatbed dually 4X4 that flat hauls a$$ and have noticed that mileage decreases quite a bit past 75mph. The "box" type toy trailers are even worse AND weigh alot but WHO CARES when you get to where you're going and live in comfort? If it's just to a motocross track, leave the trailer at home. It all depends on what you've got in the first place and what, when and where you ride. Most of my riding/racing is three or more hours away, I would much rather camp out overnight than do the pickup deal. It sounds to me like alot of the motocross guys and girls use pickups and small trailers while the off-roaders use trailers to haul all of there ....stuff. Am I wrong? Just two cents

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
For about $10 I was able to convert a tow dolly my husband had to a two bike trailer. My 4X4 Montero will haul it just fine. The only drawback is no trailer suspension.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
94 Chevy C2500 Silverado extra cab
6.5l turbo diesel
I have a Rubbermaid toolbox/step thingy that I use when loading & unloading.

Now that my son has started riding I am looking for a box trailer or a pop up camper.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by endoqwest
It sounds to me like alot of the motocross guys and girls use pickups and small trailers while the off-roaders use trailers to haul all of there ....stuff. Am I wrong? Just two cents

Endo,

My observation is the older the rider / further away the motocross race, the more trailers that show up. I use mine all the time now, even if it's just me. I don't have to keep loading and unloading tools, pop-up shade tent, chairs, etc.

Tony

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Hear, hear Tony. I just keep a full stock of parts, gear, tires, food, girlie posters and bandaids. What else could you ask for? Having a trailer to store stuff in when you're NOT riding is another great part about enclosed trailers. The observation about older riders having trailers is quite accurate. I'm 37 and ten years ago I didn't have a trailer. I guess experience and wisdom eventually meet at some point on the time/space continuum and manifest themselves into bright ideas, like having an enclosed trailer.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Perhaps the cash flow has increased in the last ten years as well. Do you folks have a seperate set of tools for the trailer? I imagine it would make sense to equip the trailer with a compressed air tank, like those 10 gallon rechargable buggers from walmart.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
I use Tech Tubes on the bikes, which means I have to haul around a changing ring and a bunch of vise grips, another reason for having a trailer. I also carry a five gallon air tank just to have air and to help other people change tires. Having a separate set of tools for the bikes is a must if you ride/race 40 weekends a year. It is a well known and common occurance to have the one tool you desparately need hanging from the wall of your garage while you are 300 miles away. Another good point about money Highbeam, I couldn't afford decent tires when I started riding, much less a trailer and towing truck.

Top Bottom