blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
When I go to the track their are a range of ways I see people hauling their bikes and equipment. I see things from Semi's, to box vans, to trailers, and trucks. I even saw a 1952 vw bug pull a trailer with 2 bikes on it. So what do you use to haul your stuff? and if its a truck, what kind (and do you like it)?

Right now I don't have anything to haul my bike, but I'm getting a truck this week if things go well and wanted to know what the dirtbike community uses as far as trucks and hauling goes...

:confused:

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
I carry my bike in the back of my 1988 Ford F250 (reg. cab, long bed, 4x4, 300ci. I-6 mated to a ZF five speed). I like my truck just fine. Not the fastest thing on four wheels, but its in really nice shape, and gets me where I wanna go. :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Pickups are great if it's just one person/bike. Things get cramped in a hurry if you take someone with you though.

I like my 2001 S-10 Ex-cab, but I'm wishing I had my three-rail trailer back.

Attachments

• mvc-003e.jpg
    mvc-003e.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 816

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
97 ford f-150 extended cab lariat. 6x12 enclosed trailer. i've probably had 10 trucks. this one is my first ford and it's probably the best truck i've ever had. if i happen to get rich soon, i will buy a super crew truck.

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I've gat a 83 C-10 Chevy with an 8 foot bed. If you plan on hauling with a truck and not getting a trailer get a truck with an 8 foot bed (and a V-8). After loading up the bikes you can close the gate with no problem. You don't have to be as worried about how well you tied things up. Just throw all the crap in the back and your set. My only complaint is that I don't have an extended cab.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Ranger extra cab

It is pretty tight but I can fit a RM250, YZ80, XR100 and a PW80. I also use the bed extender.

KXsteve

Apr 10, 2001
1981 Toyota Hilux single cab 4x4. The only problem with this ute is its a bit high off the ground....makes getting the bikes up there some fun with a ramp :eek:
mclarenvale04.jpg

Steve

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
For short trips, I use this rig which is a 99 3/4 ton GMC suburban 4x4, 454 with a 2000 8.5'x19' V nose TNT trailer:
B_HILLS.JPG

On longer trips we pull that same trailer with a '95 29' Coachman Class C motorhome.

Last edited:

Junkie

Jun 28, 2001
I own a 97 GMC Sonoma(s-10) regular cab, sport bed Z-Q-8 (SS) and man is it tight. He hual a xr400 and a pw80. I bought the truck before I had the bikes so needless to say I want a trailer. Its not to bad for now but when my son get into a bigger bike it will be tuff, and the gear, gas can is where things get tight. I love the truck and it paid for, so traiding it on a bigger one is not an option. A trailer would be the better way to go:)

CrazyTed

Jul 26, 1999
I have a 99 4Runner and tow a 4x8 utility trailer. I have a wife and my dog to take to the races so I need the extra room. Plus the trialer is nice for carrying my tent and Easy-Up shelter along with my fuel and other essentials. I have been looking at the new Chevy Avalance and like what I see. ..... hmmm.....

Mudboy

Dec 3, 1999
I had a Ranger extra-cab. Tight fit for two guys and two bikes. Then this spring I got a loaded Ford F150 extra-cab. I put a CCR Motorsports bed-buddy in the box. To top it off a riding buddy just got a purpose-built three-rail bike trailer. We are now in hauling heaven! The bed on the truck's a little high, but I have a sturdy ramp so I ride up to get loaded and I coast out backwards to unload--which looks scary but is safer than taking that huge step with the bike!

NOT AT WORK

Jun 23, 2001
I use 1999 4Runner pulling 7'x14' United Expressline enclose trailer.It
holds the xr family 250,100,70 and 50.All gear and food.Next week a
small fridge thats elec./bat.On long halls I use full size van.both work great
and the trailer is the best thing around for us.Keeps the wife happy no gear in the house.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
1993 Toyota 4x4 Pickup. My bike fits sideways in the bed with the tailgate closed, or two bikes side by side with the tailgate down. It is stock height, 4-cyl, 5-speed. I use a 4' wide, 6' long ATV ramp to load. I still can't get it up without a little extra help unless I have another person to hold the bike for me while I step up and push the bike the rest of the way in.

My recommendation? A SUV with a flatbed trailer. That way, you can haul 2-3 people and bikes with room for gear and not have to wrestle the bike into a pickup bed. If there's a loading dock I don't need help but I hate having to depend on others to get my bike in my truck.

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
380excman
Has the ultimate hauler- too bad there so little room for him in it. Any pics out there ?
LOL, when I saw that picture the first time I spent hours thinking about how it got in there, and if it got out :eek:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
2000 Ford F250 SuperDuty Supercab with 6spd and Powerstroke diesel. Plenty of room for guys and gear and can carry 3 bikes without too much problem with the tailgate up while cruising along at 75mph getting 17-18mpg. Nice thing is I have a control box that allows me to park it and crank the idle speed up to whatever I want so the AC can blow nice and cold while we ride then jump in and cool off if I want.

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
I have owned a car with trailer, a pickup truck, and a van and think the van with trailer route works best for me. Reason being is that my van has a bed, kitchenette, bathroom and shower so I don't have to find a hotel room when going on long trips/dual sport rides. Also makes the ride home much more comfortable on day trips after a shower. Heres a picture link below...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1750269&a=13481884&p=51650000&f=0

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
How does that van have a kitchen and shower??? I've never heard of that. My friend has a Regancy conversion van that looks similar to that and it has a tv, game systems, fold out bed thing, but a shower, bathroom and kitchen... Geez I would hate to go on trips with my brother if it had a bathroom. :eek: Roll down the windows please... I'm sufficating...

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
OK, its a smallish sit-down shower but it's there and works great. There is a partition between bath and the rest of the van so any stinkiness stays put, I discourage #2's if at all possible though. The hightop is tall enough for me to standup easily and Im 5'9". It's called a "class B" motorhome or "campervan". You can search for used ones at www.rvtraderonline.com if you want to look into them, I love mine.:)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
'00 F-250 Lariat Powerstroke Diesel 4x4 Extended Cab & an '00 Roadmaster 24x8.5 foot enclosed trailer.

The trailer is all done up with 12 foot of shop (checkerboard floor, work benches, air compressor, big shop lights, bike shoes, lots of storage, half-naked girl calendars) & 12 foot of living quarters (sleeps 7, air conditioner, TV, VCR, Playstation, Genesis, Nintendo, stereo, microwave, window, carpet, and much more storage). There is a sliding door in between the two. Going to invest in a protable hot shower ($120 through a friend) and a portable toilet soon ($70 at Wal-Mart). We have a real motor home shower - just never got around to putting it in there.

Truck & Trailer

Trailer

Next time around - getting an F-350 Crew-Cab 4x4 Powerstroke 6-speed and a 36 foot gooseneck trailer.

For around town hauls - a '99 S-10 Extended Cab pick-up (it's for sale too) :confused:

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I want your truck Julius Pleaser!

Thats a nice truck!. I'm guessing that you dont have a sound system in it >right?. My old truck is a BEAST. It's a 74 dodge 100 with a 360 in it. I mean this thing goes but it's a little rusty.When i get my license in 5 months, i'm putting headers on it with straight pipe(maybe stacks:think ). It will be loud and it will wrap, oh and an eldebrock intake that we got laying around here:p .As long as it gets me to where i go riding, i dont care. Oh and I bought it off my dad for $100can or about $67us . Not to bad and it's good on gas too, as long as i keep the foot light:p

Last edited:

MikeJ

Apr 15, 2000
'68 VW Westfalia camper with small flatbed trailer made from a boat trailer frame. Can't get in a hurry and passed by everyone.

Top Bottom