How do you like your 125 or 250? 2 strokes

SouthernDirt

Apr 12, 2007
For the ladies that have 2 strokes, how do you like you bike?

I've been riding a 250X for about 6 months and I like the power for the most part (could use a little more zip) and I've gotten used to the height, but I'm tired of fighting the weight. I've ridden my husband's cr250r some and like it, but not sure I want THAT much power all the time. Also, I have ridden a yz250f and really like the zip of it, but I have trouble kick starting the darn thing.

Are the 125's really "twitchy" at the throttle?
Do you run a fly wheek weight on your 250?

Thanks for the input.

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
I ride a CR250 with a flywheel weight, and love it. Mostly I trail ride. I was riding XR's and needed instant power, so I made the switch. I wll not go back to a 4 stroke. I rode my son's CRF250 and did not like it as well as the 2 stroke.

For some reason I posted under my Husbands username.

Womanrider (My user name)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I really like my 125. I have been riding one for about 6yrs now. They aren't that bad as far as being twitchy. I adjusted to one just fine after having a CR80 for a few months. I am 95% track and 5% trail. I do fine in either condition with it.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Do you race your bike or just trail ride it??I trail ride an older wr250(2 stroke).I also trail ride an older rm250 and sometimes a 2001 cr250.I am 5'6'' and can only get one foot on the ground,but I still find the 250's are awesome on the trail.I like the 250's because they have lots of bottom end power,but tons on the top end for when you need it.I have never ridden a 125,but I know people who do.They have a hard time on difficult trails because their 125's have no bottom end power,and tend to stall out when not in the power band,making windy trails hard to negotiate without eating some tree bark.I just find the 250's more versatile,faster,more powerful and more fun.

As far as size and handling goes,a 250 will be heavier.But it depends on how big you are,how much you can or want to handle.My wr250 is very heavy and none of the other girls I know can actually kick it over,but It rules the trails.But the cr250 is light,fast,handles great,is easy to kick over and a ton of fun on the trails.In my opinion,250's are the way to go.They can do anything a 125 can do,only better :laugh: I have been trail riding 250's since I was 13,and have never regretted it.The wr's are awesome,but heavy,and the racing 250's are lighter,but geared more for racing.They are both awesome on trails,it is just whatever you prefer :)

SouthernDirt

Apr 12, 2007
Thanks for all the replies. After giving it some thought, I'm going to stay with a 4 stroke 250. I have been riding trails only, but there are not many close to home. There are however many MX tracks around here so I'm going to be doing some of both. Thanks again.

Top Bottom