robsterzallan

Jun 30, 2008
Ive been trying to whip but have no idea how. do i just use my legs to push the bike? im afraid if i go to far i wont bring it back

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 303

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You have to have enough experience to feel it, before you can do it. How do you do Laroccos leap? How do you scrub? Patients, and more seat time. Its easier on a 2 stroke.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Then when you got that, Trey Canard can teach you how to scrub, watch it all the way to the end for some bonus footage!

<embed src='http://www.foxhead.com/videos/player.swf?id=MX045' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowfullscreen='true' allowscriptaccess='always' width='425' height='285' wmode='transparent'></embed>

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
That bonus footage makes me wish I still had a green bike

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I'm no "whipper" anymore, but in my younger MX days...
As said, you have to feel it. That said, a whip is innitiated by kind of starting to turn on the face of the jump, the bike will want to whip on it's own (kicking the rearend out) and you use the bars and your legs to get things lined back up before landing. Find a good airtime jump and work your way up to more and more radical whips.
Here's some WAY old school... We called 'em "crossups" or even "Decoster's" (he started it as a way of setting up for a turn, while today's "scrubs" are intended to scrub off speed and get back to the ground and accelerate sooner).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom