shadow100

Jul 8, 2007
hi i am looking at buying a yzf426 which has lights fitted but they are not wired in can anyone tell me how to wire them in so i can use the bike on the road at night. its already road legal just need the lights to work

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
YZ426Fs don't come standard with a lighting coil, so there is no way for anyone to tell you how to wire it without at least knowing what type of lighting coil was added to the system to power the lights.

peanuts

Jun 16, 2007
More info required. "Wired" can mean many different things. But basically, if it's genuine, it will just be a matter of connecting some wires. If the seller has bought stuff to rig up he/she should have wiring diagrams to go with them. Find out as much as you can in detail and post it all, then we can try and figure it out.

shadow100

Jul 8, 2007
ok, its a std yzf426 with lights fitted but no wires whatsoever, so i need to know whether i can buy parts from a wr or is there another way to rig lights up like just fitting a battery or something like that.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
shadow100 said:
ok, its a std yzf426 with lights fitted but no wires whatsoever, so i need to know whether i can buy parts from a wr or is there another way to rig lights up like just fitting a battery or something like that.

You can use the dyno from a WR or have your existing dyno rewired with a charging coil. Check out www.bajadesigns.com

You can fit a battery but it won't charge. It would power the lights for a while depending on the size of the battery.

Top Bottom