Drowsy

Jan 5, 2007
Hey I was wondering how KTM compares with the other major brands such as honda,yamaha,suzuki, ect in price, reliabilty, and pretty much everything overall. I heard KTM stood for Keep Three Mechanics :laugh: .

rm250_master

Jan 19, 2007
the ktm happens to be alot more expensive, but it is a great bike. you can race it off stock and still win races. pluss the bike has a better snap to it than most other bikes.

2-strokes 4ever :aj:

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
I think they are awesome bikes, I just dont like them not having some of the suspension linkages as honda,suzuki,yamaha etc have. But overall they will easily run with those brands.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I just dont like them not having some of the suspension linkages as honda,suzuki,yamaha etc have.
Why?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
A lot of people aren't sold on linkless suspension as the linkage keeps forces applied to the shock along the same line of action as the shock. Until they can figure out a shock that works well and put it on a stock bike (I'm sure the works WP units are great, but I'm not so sure on the production units), there will always be disbelievers. Personally, I like the idea of less parts and joints to maintain, but I'm just not sold on the performance of the linkless design.

That said, I still think KTM makes great bikes and I wouldn't shy away from buying one provided the price is right.

Top Bottom