junior224466

Jun 4, 2003
I have researched with great interest all the threads related to increasing the height of handlebars for taller riders. Great information. My question is how high is too high? Has anyone run into a combination of riser and handlebar that didn’t have enough cable to reach? I currently have a 25mm ( one inch ) riser and I am looking for the highest bars I can find. I have run the Jimmy Buttons in the past and liked them a lot. I looked at the Renthal dimension charts and discovered there are some bars that go even higher. The Button bars are 4.3" high. The specialty Pastrana bar is 4.9" high. And the highest bars are the ATV bars with a 5-6" rise. I have seen that some of you are running the ATV bars. Any problems?

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Good question, Ive installed 5" rise ATV bars. Now what do I do about my clutch cable being to short (just)??? Should i cut the bars down an inch shorter on each side?

junior224466

Jun 4, 2003
Just put on some 909’s. The Ben Lamay bend. They are very high, but they are also narrow. Which I thought was a good thing since I was worried about the cables reaching. I also have bar riser, 1 inch up and 1 inch forward. The bar mounts are not reversed for better support and stability. With all of this the cables reach just fine. What a difference this mod makes. This is a great adjustment for a tall rider. Specs for the Ben Lamay bend are:

Width: 740mm
Height: 118mm
Pullback: 42mm

Top Bottom