TriPower

Apr 3, 2001
Weird question, I know, but I don't have a stand for my new YZ250F that I'm picking up tomorrow, and if I buy one more thing this month my wife's going to divorce me.

I do have a new MIG welder that I haven't had time to try yet, so I figure this is a good project for it. How high should I make the top of the stand?

Thanks!

-Joe

------------------

ButtonFly

Dec 8, 1999
I have an AC racing lifting bike stand for my 99 WR400. It is 13 1/4 at the bottom of the stroke (low position) which is just barely too tall to slide under the bike without lifting it. In the lifted position it is 17 1/2 inches tall, which easily clears the bike if it is balanced. If you make a lifting stand (VERY NICE) try for 12 at low and 17ish at high. Good luck.

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
I use the Rubbermaid two step step stool and its works great. I found it at Wal-Mart for about $9.00. It hasn't failed me yet and doubles as a great step for the back of the truck when loading the bike.
;)

------------------
Ride it like ya stole it!
-------------------------
'00 XR400

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Hey High Desert XR 400, thanks for the post of the Rubbermaid 2-step stool at walmart.. I too have been toying with the idea of dropping $50 on a stand. I stopped by Walmart, and for $8.88 + tax, picked up the stand, it is 16" tall and gets my YZ250F off the ground, about 1/2 inch on frt and rear tires... I'm thinking about getting some rubber to mount to the top.. Saves me $40 that I can now fanagle into buying a new pipe. The stool is sturdy and works!!! thanks for the tip>>>>>

------------------

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
No problem... Glad I could help!
After using mine for a year and a half with no problems I would never spend more then $10.00 on a new stand again! And it's sturdy.... Anything that can support my XR400 and my sleek, micro brew toned body is good enough for me, especially when it doubles as a step stool!

Team sponsor "Mirror Pond Pale Ale" ;)

------------------
Ride it like ya stole it!
-------------------------
'00 XR400

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Hey High Desert XR400, thanks loads for the stand tip. I also was going to spend much money for a stand. Then I thought to weld one up w/my buddy or father-in-law. Now, I can save the money for somthing else on my bike and spend the time I would have spent welding, riding. Great news all around. :D

BTW, have you tried Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? Personal fave.

------------------
OOOPS.....THERE'S ONE MORE BROKEN...

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I bought the rubber maid stand(stool). It works alright. I use it as a stool around the garage and when pushing my bike up the ramp to load. I also use it for a make shift stand when out riding. My bike realy wobbles around on it so I bought a MSR bike crate for the garage. It works well. I have heard the is a gasket shop in town that will sell a sheet of rubber to stop from moving around. I would not have bought the bike crate if I could have found a sheet of rubber to stop the bike from wobbleing around. other than that I it was great.

------------------
94 dirt only DR350

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, that is what I think is needed, a thick slab of rubber to glue to the top of the stool, more clearence and less wobling, if anyone knows or has some suggestions on where to locate something like this, let me know.. thanks..

------------------

Top Bottom