How important is high speed compression?

QuentinCR250

May 15, 2005
Hi All, I have got hold of a Ohlins 46PRC rear shock for my 2001 CR250, but have since realised it does not have the highspeed compression damping adjustment like the original shock does, what I want to know is how important is it to be able to adjust the high speed damping? I mainly ride motorcross with the very rare trail ride. Does not having this feature make my Ohlins not as good as the original Showa shock? Thanks in advance for any help.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The rmz doesnt have the high speed adjuster, its a usefull thing to have , but most dont understand when to adjust it anyway.

yam 3

May 19, 2000
I am one of those that doesn't quite understand when to use it and would like an explanation of when it needs to be adjusted.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
For high speed problems;) no seriously some hs adjusters dont do that much, the kyb doesnt adjust that much, the showas better and the ktm has some serious adjustability(it needs it) i guess i try to use it to iron out kicking in breaking bumps and feel on jump faces, however it wont compensate for bad valving or springs.

Top Bottom