uhlanmc

Aug 23, 2005
I found a really clean 98 cr 250. how is the bike compared to the other cr's? I read the post between the 01 and 02 bikes. I heard the frame wasn't as good in 97-98 as later models. The motor? Heard it was a screamer. thanx

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
The 98 isnt as narrow of a frame and may weigh a few pounds heavier than the newer ones. But its still a pretty decent bike. I have ridden a 97 quite a bit. It can feel a little rigid, but there are fixes to that with bar mounts and bars.

rbn14

Jun 16, 2005
I agree, I just sold my 98. I would jump on it every now and then and was always impressed with how it matched up against my new bike. But you would probably want to run some fat bars and a rupper mounted upper triple clamp. The bike has a strong, wide power band.

Sep 2, 2005
Yeah Good long pulling motor. You know what i still like them bikes. They may not handle the best and they may rattle a few teeth out but i think all and all them are the strongest made Hondas Ever. when i look at a 97-99 i see a War Tank :cool:

kevinjd

Jun 5, 2006
honda cr

I just bought a new honda cr 250 2006, I put a nice spike in the tire today and fouled the first plug AND never even got threw the first tank yett,

May 18, 2006
i had a 98 cr250, it was an alright bike. i do remember it was quite rigid though... if its clean, well taken care of, and most of all... you have taken it for a spin and feel good on it and like the way it rides, and the way the power come son then i say go for it

Too-Stroked

Mod Ban
May 27, 2006
Mine Is The Best Bike Ive Ridden,it Feels Light And Nimble To Me(IM 5'9 150),the Only Thing Not Stock Is Exhaust,it Came W/an Fmfgold,i Paid $2100 1 1/2 Ago, Replace Both Fork Seals And The Rear Shock In The Past Month,otherwise...no Problems....i Say Go For It. :nod:

Top Bottom