how is seat height measured (08 yz250)

cantrell24x

Oct 24, 2001
It looks like Yamaha says the 2008 yz has a seat height of 39.1 inches. I have seen that number all over the interwebby.

But, Dirt Rider did a test and they listed the seat height as 37.7 inches.

If anyone knows the true number please share.

I ride a 2004 kx 250 that has been lowered either 1.5 or 2 inches. The seat height is 35.5 inches.

I am trying to figure out how much I'll need to lower the suspension on the YZ to get to 35.5

My problem is that I have my suspension ready to send down to PC but I have not received the bike yet. (or I would just measure it myself and not bother you nice people)

Thanks for any info.

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
I don't know for sure, but I would say that they are measuring from ground up to the top of the saddle portion of the seat with unloaded suspension. I would set your race sag first before you determine the amount you wish to lower the bike.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
sharky243 said:
I don't know for sure, but I would say that they are measuring from ground up to the top of the saddle portion of the seat with unloaded suspension. I would set your race sag first before you determine the amount you wish to lower the bike.

That there is some good advice. The sag might be the diff. from factory nad what the mags report. Just like the weight thing. Factory gives the weight without fluids.

cantrell24x

Oct 24, 2001
If you own a 2008 yz 250 2 stroke

Can I please have a favor? Dirt rider say the seat height is 37.7

But everone else says 39.1

What is the actual real world seat height?

thanks

Chris

Top Bottom