How large area will I need?. FMX ramp+landing ramp

kimoajaj

Sep 7, 2004
Hi guys !

This might be a wierd question.

How large an area do I need to jump a 95" tall FMX ramp?. (the distance I need to pick up speed, + the length of the ramp (7meters), gap between ramp and landing ramp, landing ramp and a distance to slow down the speed).
Anyone know "ca" how long the field has to be?.

I`m wondering wether I should build an FMX ramp, recently bought ramp plans on www.fmxschool.com, since it`s pretty big, I`m going to need a landing ramp too.
(the ramp will be 95" tall).

But, my problem is that I can`t seem to find a sutiable spot to place the ramp/landing ramp.

My dad said that I could put it on the "edge" of a field where they grow grass, but I don`t know if it`s big enough.

I don`t want to spend alot of money on building the ramp and buying the masses for the landing ramp, if I wount get to use it, hehe.

I`ve been riding bikes since the age of 11 and I love to jump. However, there arent any tracks where I live, motocross ain`t a big sport in Norway. Nearest track is about 500 kilometers away. Sucks?.

So, I`ve never jumped large jumps, the talles jump I`ve jumped was 130cm tall (the jump height, not bike height), 7-8 meters long, made it with my dads digging machine, down on the beach.

I guess that if I build a ramp and a landing ramp, I could place the ramp very close to the landing ramp, that way should be able to jump it without killing my self. And maybe if I`m not too scared, I might increase the gap between the ramp/landing ramp.

The longest distance I`ve jumped is about 16 meters, that was with my KX125, last year. I dug that jump myself with a shovel, on the beach, the sad thing is that the ocean removes it at the end of the day.
Oh by the way I ride a KX250 2001 now.

Is it very important to set up the suspension properly before hitting a ramp?.

Gees I wrote alot of offtopic stuff sorry, wellwell:).

Joakim

Top Bottom