How long before marcus takes his suspension apart?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Rumor in the pits these days is that Marcus may well be riding a RM125 next season.... Now aparently, despite the excellent handling of the suzuki chassis and the high revving rm motor, the lure of working with the Showa suspension components is what convinced him to sigh on the yellow bike; other rumors floating around had marcus quoted as saying he rode the 03 rm125 and was happy with the suspension as stock! :eek:

So, here is my poll: how long will he last before he takes his new suspension apart?

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
He will ride it stock for awhile, until he reaches his best setup, then he will go inside to play. Within the first month is my guess. If he doesn't ride it stock he won't know what improvements he made to it.

One thing is for sure though, he will make improvements to it, one way or another.

drehwurm

Dec 9, 2000
According to my infos directly from KTM Austria they hired him to develop the PDS-replacement all-new KTM linkage. To keep everything secret the bike will be yellow. Therefor my vote goes for Marcus on KTM again ;-)

Michael

LEE BAXTER

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2002
Marcus dear buddy , they know about baby RC . Your as bad as me but nobody will teach me and you do not know who is Steve Clitheroe.How did you like the 150 kit and how did you do in the open class dear buddy ?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
wow, come on guys- 170 views, 18 votes and only 7 replies!

i recon he will be busy riding it at least for the first week and will have jetting and stuff etc. it will come apart within 2 weeks

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I will be amazed if it lasts a week before it comes to bits-if its like the 03 the forks were totally racable but the shock was stiff-it had something like 13 44mm shims in the LSC stack-way too much for little me.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
and what did you say to deadly dave about pulling his NEW shock apart before it got chance to break in properly? hmmmmm?

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
13 shims of 44mm, that's a lot i think.
Can you give some side info in this thread why they used so many 44shims in this shock?? Or do we have to make a thread about the suspension company: what where they thinking when they assembled this fork/shock??

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
Hes a rider like the rest of us. No one could have a brand new bike in their garage and take it apart without riding it first. And I mean NO ONE!!!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
01HondaCR i have stripped engines and suspension before riding the bikes;)

On the question of why so many shims-no idea? blame the testers in socal i guess-they all come with a similar setup, YZ, CR KX etc.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
but Marcus, you are forgetting that SoCal is the center of the MX universe and we need more shims here since SoCal riders are twice as fast as everyone else in the world.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I would think youd need less shims, since you all have limp wrists and walk around on your tippy toes. :)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
steve, i wasnt talking about myself there, i am still the slowest person i know; merely my observations about the local riders and all the local mags and tuners that think they are all the mutts nuts!

.....so be nice!

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
bruce i wasn't talking about you. i know you need lots of shims for reasons other than speed :eek: :)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Well it lasted one ride:) the rear spring is a 5kg and too much for my 165lb-getting a 4.5kg.I will service the shock and inspect the valve stack and look for improvements.very good std suspension however-much better than a 03 CR/YZ/KX.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I bet by next week Marcus has the bike down to the crankshaft looking for things to make better. The Cali boys are dreaming about being the center of the universe. Everyone knows that Florida is the the center of the MX world. And why is it that all of a sudden guys like Langston, Vulliman, Fonseca and Reed have all become Californians??

grease

Mod Ban
Sep 7, 2003
SLO' mo
do you still have that clutch kit you won at DW '01 for a rm125. If so i am interested in buying it.

or if anyone else knows his e-mail please tell me it
apreciate it

Top Bottom