how many bikes will fit in a pickup

djensen

Dec 30, 2007
I will be carrying 3 dirt bikes and considering buying a pickup with an 8' bed. My question is will 3 full size motocross bikes (2 * 125 and 1 * 250) fit on a pickup? I am also looking to buy the bikes and so can't test it out. Would hate to buy a new truck and find out that I still need a trailer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

wileyE

Jul 6, 2003
3 will fit, trick is to space the middle one back a little so the bars don't clash. Have used an old car tire to do this. The angle of the tiedowns on the outside bars is kind of steep so so you gotta kinda watch it in the corners.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
You can also load the middle one facing backwards if it is a small bed.

djensen

Dec 30, 2007
Thanks for your help everyone. I also just read about the bikeboots and will look to buy those and mount to a board with the middle one offset.

Now off to buy a truck!

wileyE

Jul 6, 2003
djensen said:
Thanks for your help everyone. I also just read about the bikeboots and will look to buy those and mount to a board with the middle one offset.

Now off to buy a truck!

Can also just bolt some angle iron on your plywood with a notch cut for each bike tire.

If your truck is tall consider pulling the tailgate off when hauling the bikes. The ramp doesn't need to be as steep and it's sure easier climbing in and out to get gear etc.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I used to haul 3 full size bikes in a Ranger pickup with a 7' bed. I had to put the middle one in backwards and they all fit with the tailgate shut.

Top Bottom