How many paddles?

BadCRC

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2003
Northwest Georgia
What is the difference between the 10 and 8 paddle versions? :eek:

Will my bike handle a lot differently with a paddle? What should I expect? I've never owned a paddle tire before, or even ridden a bike with one.

I ride a YZ 250. :thumb:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
You'll love the paddle in the sand dunes, it handles fine out there as long as you stay on the gas. The hookup is amazing.
Most guys I know run 8 paddles even on their 500's. Some run 10's but it bogs the motor more and requires more clutch/shifting work for just riding the dunes in general because it allows virtually no wheelspin.
My suggestion is:
Hillshooting with a powerful bike (250 or 500): 10 paddle.
General duning (250): 8 paddle.
125 or 80's: 6 paddle.
I usually ride at Little Sahara.

I have run the Skat-Trak hooker and the much cheaper Cheng Shin and I like the Cheng Shin better. A lot of guys around here also run Turbo Paddle. Turbo paddles I think are made by King's Tire.

BadCRC

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2003
Northwest Georgia
Thanks! That is exactly the kind of response I was looking for. I think I might get the Cheng Shin. Little sahara is a blast, I have only been there a few times. I'm still pretty much a squid, didn't go near sand mountain -- too much of a wuss.

What about front tire? Does it make much of a difference? Right now I have a D756.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
D756 would be an excellent front tire. I had a 752 on my KX and it did pretty good on the sand. I have a 739 on my YZ and it is OK but not as good as a 752 or 756.

I really like the Cheng Shin, that's what I'm running right now. I have the regular (not the Sand Pro) that has a little shorter paddles, but I am running the 10 paddle.

Are you planning on the 8 or 10 paddle?

Sand mountain really isn't bad at all with a paddle. You'll be making those quad guys feel really bad in the drags in no time at all!!! :)

BadCRC

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2003
Northwest Georgia
I'm leaning towards the 8 paddle version. Don't know how soon I'll be getting it, but it IS moving up on the (ever-growing) "Must get this accessory for my bike" list. ;)

...Now if I could just find a rear wheel on eBay for cheap! :eek: Those things get gobbled/bid up in no time!!! Sure would make it easier to swap though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…