Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
LOL !
Ken -if you have to ask-
then you dont wanna know ;)

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
uhh how about a total from 2 nights! Friday was a smaller group under the big tent but we sure put it away. ;)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Ummm...I'm not sure about the Hot Damn, but Eddie (TTRGuy) and I tried to cook Gomer's left over Jiffy Pop Popcorn (we had the munchies) over the open fire. :scream: Unfortunately, the popcorn caught on fire! :eek:

Jay's smores and pies came out good though. Thanks Jay.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Timr you didn't learn from our mistakes the first night when we tried to cook hot dogs by hanging them from safety wire over the big camp fire? Only upside to that deal was the built in temp. gauge(my arm) to tell when they were done. I will definitely be bringing some better cooking utensils next year.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
LMAO @ KC big Dog!
I was wondering who was trying that hot dog on a piece of safety wire stunt..heat does rise yanno? ;)

Im no expert but I think a better cooking utensil for hotdogs is generally found on any tree...:)

Motoparts "glass shaping 101" class was pretty funny as well :eek:

and what pyro put cheez whiz in the fire? Bily who? TTR guy? LOL

rayovac

Aug 28, 2000
Speaking of Pyros... The Friday night fire was started with the help of about half a gallon of gas... you'd think that would have done the trick... Nope.

Don't remember his name... White Pickup... kid with Suzuki, rode a big KDX...
When the flames were dying too quickly, wood too moist... he filled a water bottle with Gas and did his Flame Thrower imitation!!!! Then dropped the partially filled platic bottle of gas into the fire!!!

A good time, had by all :p

RayoVac

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Hey AJ, we were hungry and beer got the better of our judgement plus it was just too dark to try and find a tree.:)

After our first experience with saftey wire and hot dogs we have perfected the method. We just needed a long enough piece to stretch all the way across the fire and a person to hold it on each side and we would have been all good.

P.S. Ray, you are not allowed to kick the fire off next year unless Okie gets some better insurance!!! I would at least like to go to Dirt Week a few more times before it gets banned due to mass injuries caused by a large inferno with your obssesion for gasoline:)

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The final bonfire was started with 4 quarts of Yamalube R2, a quart of lighter fluid and several ounces of Rich's pure MTBE, LOL. Problem was, once all the incredients were on, no one wanted to get close enough to light it :scream:

Needless to say, it burned nicely.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by AJ Waggoner

and what pyro put cheez whiz in the fire? Bily who? TTR guy? LOL

Ummm...Guilty. I lobbed the empty easy cheez can into the fire like a hand grenade. It made a pretty good POP when it exploded. :scream: :confused:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I ran like I had never had before when we found out there was a bottle of race gas in the fire!

That was about the time the wife decided she had enough and went to bed :scream:

I also enjoyed watching MotoXsparx molding molten glass with a ratchet and wrench

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Okiewan
Needless to say, it burned nicely.

Next year I'll bring the BIG cooler and we'll have a final bonfire of BIBLICAL proportion complete with remote starting. :p

B

biglou

So how well DOES a bonfire run on race gas? Was there any pinging? Does it burn more consistantly? Is it worth spending the money for it? I dunno, I have a friend who knows a guy that sweeps up at the airport and he says that avgas is the better choice. Says it is some potent stuff...(wink, wink:D)

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Big Lou-

For future reference:
I know that in final testing HP2 burned very cleanly-
not spooging or fouling any logs - run at a 1:87 ratio per log.
The yamalubeR also seemed to burn cleanly but had the help of Richs MTBE.
and was run at a bit leaner ratio.

Either way i dont think you could go wrong with either oil tested :)

but hey thats coming from a DRN Wrecking Crue apprentice.
for a more complete test you will have to talk to the
DRN Wrecking Crue Team manager - "BillyWHO"

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
I missed the Hot Damn?

AJ!!!! You were supposed to let me know when the stuff was out!! I cant believe I missed it!! I guess thats what I get for going to bed too early!! Apparently I missed alot!! Oh well, theres always next year, or Okies Bday.. or my bday!:confused:

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Crispy there were 4 bottles or so friday and saturday nights- i lost my watch riding so no clue what time that was either night..LOL
thats my story and i'm sticking to it-
no matter what time Gomer says we woke him up!! :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Like the plastic bottle full of race gas, Billy was trying to "bust" the fire too

Billywho: "Oh, was I suppose to take the cap off first?"
Me: "you just threw a beer bottle full of race gas in the fire and left the cap on?!!"

The crowd grabs their chairs and scatters.......... Billy just stands there. :scream:

AJ, did you get your watch back? It was on the table by your AMA stuff.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Gomer handed it back to me-
said Jeff found it during the MX race and stopped and picked it up before returning to the action LOL

but hey i cant find it again...:(
maybe its in one of the boxes i havnt unpacked yet.....

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by gospeedracer

Billywho: "Oh, was I suppose to take the cap off first?"

Well it looks like we found an area that Billy ISN"T a Pro :eek:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
Trust me, there's more than one area Billy ISN'T a Pro.... just ask him to tell ya a story :p
"There's these two guys.... and a bear...." bwaaahaaa!! It's much funnier when Billy tells it! ;)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

I keep my " beginner list" under tight wraps LOL , but sometimes it's unavoidable :p

GSR "There's these two guys.... and a bear...." bwaaahaaa!! It's much funnier when Billy tells it!

I swear it's funny, I just can't deliver it properly :(

Top Bottom