how much gas should a (01) rm 125 use

tml17

Oct 27, 2005
i have a 01 rm125 and it uses so much gass. i took up almost three 5 gallon tanks of gas.

i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how much gass you should use on average.

but is this because im like always on the powerband?

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
If you went through 15 gallons of gas in one day that is either a crazy amount of riding in which you pretty much never took a break or you have a pretty bad leak.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I can race 2 practices, 2 heats and 2 mains on about 1/2 gallon.

If practicing/play riding, 2 gallons = about 2 hours of ride time I'd guess, but I'm not in good enough shape to ride hard for 2 hours without a break . . . but who is . . . ;)

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I've put 4 hours of ride time on my CR250R and still had some gas in the tank. Lots of tight technical trail, real slow going.

tml17

Oct 27, 2005
i rode it real hard for a good 15 to 17 miiles and had nerly no gas twice in a row. this was a trail near parker and lake havasu. i let that go the first time really riding the bike but then in galmis i rode hard in the dunes and the drags n back less then an 8th of the tank. i used 6 1/2 gallons in a day. thats a little bad if you ask me. my little 80 doesn't take anywhere near that much gas. my dad said maybe something with the carb? any sugestions.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
I used to get about 4 hours on 2 gallons of gas on my RM125. You must be running very rich or losing fuel somewhere, unless you are running absolutely wide open all the time. It should get better mileage than that.

Sep 11, 2005
well my wr200 seems to always have fuel in it, uses very little. I top it off before ride and no matter how long or hard I ride I never had trouble with gas.

Check to see if fuel is leaking out of the carb when the bike is stopped but the fuel valve is turned on. On mine a screw came loose on the carb and fuel was porring out.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
At race speed, a 250 should run close to 40 minutes on a tank full (7.5L). That's what I get with mine. We have 15 min heat races and I only fill it half way. At the end, there is always a bit left.

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Maybe your losing gas threw the over flow. Are your floats set properly? Turn on you gas, and leave it for a cuple minutes. If it leaks gas out of a tube comming from the carb, its time to reset your floats. I remember one time I went riding, and it leaked so bad that if I would stop for about 30 seconds with out turning off the gas, there was a pretty good sized puddle under the bike.

Top Bottom