keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
just a question does anyone have a manual for honda or no how much oil to put in gearbox? bike is cr250r 03..any tips also would be great...i never done it usually let shop but i guess i need to learn..TIA

ALB

Mar 23, 2006
If it's a simple oil change,it will take 22 US OZ or 23 IMP OZ.Warm the bike up and ride it around a bit going through the gears a few times,then let it sit for maybe 10 minutes.Pull the plug and loosen or remove the filler plug and let it drain(work the clutch lever a few times while it's draining)after draining is complete reinstall the drain plug.Honda says torque should be 22ftlbs,refill with a good quality oil(Honda suggests GN4 or HP4,I use HP4) Most any good Synthetic without Moly will do( suggested viscocity is 10-40 but where you live,alt,temp etc... will determine that) Then reinstall the filler plug and snug it down,Fire it up and enjoy! 1 other thing,I would suggest using a small transmission type funnel as it gives enough hight to clear the pipe while filling with oil.Hope this helps.

ALB

Mar 23, 2006
I forgot to mention,you should also check the condition of the seal washer on the drain plug.If it has nicks in it or has been compressed to much it might leak,if it looks good just make sure you check it after a bit of riding just to make sure and if it has a slight seep(you would be able to see dirt build up on the seepage) Just snug it a bit more and remember to replace it the next time you change oil.Happy and Safe riding. :nod:

Top Bottom