How much should I pay for a new 250 out the door?

GSXR_Drew

Nov 2, 2003
Just curious as to how much I should pay for a new 250 2 stroke out the door. I know that street bikes usually are at 18% markup on the MSRP, but what about dirtbikes?

Im seriously looking at a new 2003 RM250, what would be a fair price out the door for this bike?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
whitesands, is that your price or is that the price that anyone can get there? you must have a helluva support deal to get that price.

btw, out the door means including any tax, freight, assembly or other charges. did you include those?

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
$4800 on a CR 250 2003 here. OTD

And $ 7200 OTD on a CBR RR 600 :thumb: I am really thinking of getting one at that price

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by mx547
whitesands, is that your price or is that the price that anyone can get there? you must have a helluva support deal to get that price.

btw, out the door means including any tax, freight, assembly or other charges. did you include those?

That's what I paid for my brand new 03' CR250R...$4,400 OTD.

Make sure they don't sucker you into paying a "setup fee"...If they try to charge you that ask them what they do to set it up. Many times they give the customer a bogus answer to justify the expense...

BUT.....You will go in KNOWING that the bike comes in the crate complete except for the handlebars, levers, and front wheel... After they tell you that it's a major job to put the bike together you will inform them exactly how the bike comes in the crate...Watch them get embarrassed as they are caught in a lie.....

It takes 15 minutes to do this. Hardly worth the $300 plus I've seen charged to unknowing customers...Oh, they do add oil to the transmission...lol

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
MX...I'm not sure if everyone can get that price..That's what price I paid though...

It shouldn't be unreasonable for the guy to get an 03' RM250 for under $5000...

Take it easy

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
With the 04s coming out. It should be easy for a guy to get a good deal on a leftover 03.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Yep, I'm thinking that no more than 5,000 OTD. They are giving left overs away at the dealerships out here in CO. Good Luck Drew.

Erik

Top Bottom