How often do you trade up your bike?

• Total voters

maxrevs666

totally rocktacular
~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2007
Hi all, just wondering how often you guys change your bike for newer models, obviously if money was no object we would probably all change every year. From the reading of the various posts around the site its clear that there is a HUGE variety of machinery being ridden. does there ever come a pont where you decide that a bike can't go on any more(not counting huge crash damage)?

Last edited:

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
I rode my CR250R for almost three years before upgrading. It finally came to the point that I felt I was Putting more money into the bike than it was worth. It's a good bike but I thrashed the hell out of it. I hated to stop riding it, I was just getting the hang of pushing it off of me, I knew where all the soft spots on the bike were located while lying under it waiting for help!!! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
I will ride my bike untill there is no parts available for it. I take extremely good care of my toys they get torn down after every ride and fluid changes every few rides. as long as you maintain your toys they will last forever and cost next to nothing!!!

Jan 3, 2007
I dont change up the bikes. I just collect alot of them and then choose what i want to ride. If i could i would buy a new bike for all the situations i like to ride, but thats not going to happen.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
i have a kx125 right now. I want to upgrade to an '06 or '07 kx250f in the next year or two.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
i still have my first bike that got me back into riding
and the list just keeps growing. i keep my bikes because we
have large family friend base that likes to ride, so if you dont have a bike and want to go riding i prob have one in your size
although i have been thinking about upgrading to a 4 stroke for my self just cant decide if i really want to :whoa:

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
bclark001 said:
I will ride my bike untill there is no parts available for it. I take extremely good care of my toys they get torn down after every ride and fluid changes every few rides. as long as you maintain your toys they will last forever and cost next to nothing!!!
I'm sure you don't tear the engine down after every ride? :whoa:

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
well come on you know what I meant think im made of money :coocoo:

oh yea and i rebuild my transmission every 6 hours :nener: J/K so ya know

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Ive had nothing but 2-strokes.And I love em,and ive owned a 1975 yamaha mx175.That was my first bike.The points kept going bad in it.My uncle gave it to me.And when it was running right it was pretty fast!I rode that for a year.It finnaly died.Then I got a 1995 yamaha yz250 From a pawn shop for $1,500 It was my first real mx bike.And I rode the hell out of that thing all day every day.But I found out later after I took it to a track the first time it had a blown out shock.(wouldnt hold nitrogen) so It felt like i didnt even have a shock just a spring.It sucked cause I was going to fix it but suspension parts arent cheap.So I sold it to a guy for $1,000 and.I was bikeless for like three years.And i finnaly got me a 04 honda cr125.Now this thing is my baby Ive taken real good care of it.I change the crankcase oil after a couple rides,clean and oit the filter after a few rides,And clean/oil the chain mostly after every 2 to 3 rides and Run semi senthetic 2-stroke oil and crankcase oil,(lucas racing).And clean it and polish it when im bored(: (thanks mothers polish and the power ball mini)It does wonders to the aluminum frame.But I will ride this one as long as I can.Me and my friend have the same bike but his is a 03 cr125 he has 2 of them.Both the same year.But one of his has v3 reeds and a full procircut exhaust.And maybe a 134cc kit Or 133cc.I know hondas cant have the 144cc cause the hondas have some kind of coating in the cylinder wall,and you cant bore um that much.But I guess thats it ive put in my 2 cents!Here is a pic!
2vv2s8m.jpg

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Thanks!singletrac.Its all stock.I bought white plastics,but couldnt get the graphics on (a bunch of air bubbles).so I put the red back on.The white got too dirty without graphics.I got more pics on my profile.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
that white is cool lookin i always wanted to do white but figured it would be too hard to keep clean and I guess it is

that pic of your cr white is sweet lookin though just might do it anyways after seeing that

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
It does look really nice.The only reason I got it is because,I was going to get black but everone has black plastics.And I like the white cause it matches everything.The fork covers are white.both the brake covers are white.The side panels are white.And the number plate.If I were to get the black then I still would have to buy a bunch of extras to make everything blacked out.Check out the new 08 crf250.It looks so bad its ALL BLACK!

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
.. and the front number plate.
I heard it was an extra $500 for all black though, but I didn't see anything about that on honda's site.

I got my first MX (03 YZ250F) bike middle of summer, and I'm probably getting a brand new bike next year. (if I get all A's, then I only have to pay half. but the cost of what I sell my YZF for will come out of my half, cus I paid for it by asking 'would you like frys with that?" for a year and a half)

I know alot of people that get new bikes every year though..
that has to get pricy.

May 10, 2007
Cabot said:
.. and the front number plate.
I heard it was an extra $500 for all black though, but I didn't see anything about that on honda's site.
that has to get pricy.

its true. and they are only releasing a limited ammount. (i think i read it was like 400)

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
I swap bikes. I've had the KDX for a year now, 9 months later I bought my CRF450R and now I'm trying to sell both of them for an 08 KTM 200XC. I'm 'planning' on keeping that a few years.

Did I mention I bought a street bike as well? :D

Top Bottom