How often should i grease these things on my yz 12

dirtcrazzy

May 5, 2002
I am wondering how often i shoudl grease my wheel bearings rear linkage stem and swing arm? i ride on a clener track, with not much water?> about how often?

imlostagain

Feb 12, 2002
Well if you have to ask...... I'd suggest tearing the entire bike down this weekend and grease everything even if your bike is new. I personally will grease NO less than twice a year unless you just don't ride at all. I try to make a habit of tearing my bike down every few rides to thoroughly clean it and it don't take that much longer to grease it at that point. Bearings and axles are too expensive and are too important not to grease them frequently.

dirtcrazzy

May 5, 2002
bearings r sealed

The wheel bearings are sealed?? but i will take them off and put grease it there and i will grease the axcel

dirtcrazzy

May 5, 2002
yah i dont ride barly any water

When i ride i dont go in water like a little bit but tha wont hurt. I am going to grease me axcels, wheel bearings, stem, rear linkage, and swing arm once a year?!

imlostagain

Feb 12, 2002
Is this bike new ?? You would be surprised at how poorly the factories grease new bikes. It's not unheard of for there to not be ANY grease in parts of the bikes. As for grease , try the waterproof type from Bel-Ray. It obviously will hold up a little better if you do run through water. I use it on everything.

Top Bottom