cmxpaul107

Jan 4, 2003
I put the spoke wrench on one of the spoke nipples to tighten the spoke, and when I went to tighten the spoke the nipple bent, I bent it back into place but it is still a little bit off. I can still put the spoke wrench on to either loosen or tighten the spoke, but i am wondering how do you take the nipple off and put a new one back on? Thanks I would relly appreciate your help.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Remove the wheel from the bike. Take the tire off and the tube out. Take the rubber strip around the under side of the rim off to expose the bottom of the nipple. Loosen the nipple till it drops out the hole. Straiten it out, but it would be best to replace it. Install in reverse order.

While you have it all apart you might want to true the rim. You can out the axle in a vise (use a rag around it so you don't scare it up) and slide the wheel on it. Spin it and look for roundness and verticle woble. Get the wheel round first by tightening the oppose spokes on the high spots. For the verticle you have to loosen the side that drops and tighten the spokes on the side that you want it to lift. MXtuner over at offroad.com did an article that explians how to true a rim better than me. You might search the site for "true" or "how to true a rim"

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by cmxpaul107
COME ON ALL YOU PEOPLE LOOK BUT DONT ****IN REPLY COME ON I KNOW SOMEONE KNOWS HOW
I looked to see if there was a answer as I struggled with this matter one time. This could account for some of the views.

This is the part where you say "Thanks Dan"

cmxpaul107

Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by Danman
Remove the wheel from the bike. Take the tire off and the tube out. Take the rubber strip around the under side of the rim off to expose the bottom of the nipple. Loosen the nipple till it drops out the hole. Straiten it out, but it would be best to replace it. Install in reverse order.

While you have it all apart you might want to true the rim. You can out the axle in a vise (use a rag around it so you don't scare it up) and slide the wheel on it. Spin it and look for roundness and verticle woble. Get the wheel round first by tightening the oppose spokes on the high spots. For the verticle you have to loosen the side that drops and tighten the spokes on the side that you want it to lift. MXtuner over at offroad.com did an article that explians how to true a rim better than me. You might search the site for "true" or "how to true a rim"

Thanks Dan, seems to me your the only one that knows

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom