brett r

Nov 6, 2000
I'm almost finished with my first Enduro season and I want to start looking for sponsors for next season,does anyone know of a thread or website where I can get info on the best way to do this. thanks,brett

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Thanks both of you,Pat great site that was the article I read months ago and I forgot where I saw it and I've been searching the web for 2 days trying to find it.

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
This is a great help!! I was searching for help also, and what awesome articles these are! I have one question though. How do I go about choosing to send my resume to a company? Do I just send it away to their local address, or do they have a special P.O. Box or something for Sponsorship Resumes? I really appreciate these postings, it was just what I was looking for!;)

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Originally posted by fmfkx125372
This is a great help!! I was searching for help also, and what awesome articles these are! I have one question though. How do I go about choosing to send my resume to a company? Do I just send it away to their local address, or do they have a special P.O. Box or something for Sponsorship Resumes? I really appreciate these postings, it was just what I was looking for!;)

What I've done is get their address from the Web or magazines and addressed them to "Attn.: Sponsorship Coordinator" or "Attn.: Race Support Director" or something along those lines.

Thanks both of you,Pat great site that was the article I read months ago and I forgot where I saw it and I've been searching the web for 2 days trying to find it.

What?!?!?!? You didn't bookmark?!?!?!?

:D

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
Pat,

Thanks a lot for all your help! I was thinking that's what was done, but wasn't too sure. I really appreciate everyone's help. Good luck to everyone!

Nick

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2001
Hi All,

Here's a sample of a cover letter I've used in the past. It seems to have worked pretty well :cool:

Smith Sport Optics December 14, 1998
105 Lewis Street
Ketchum, ID 83340-2999

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my resume, I know your very busy. I would be proud to have Smith Sport Optics as a sponsor for 1999.

This has been a year of significant learning and experience for me. After nearly a 10 year break from the sport, 1998 represented a new start. Although not satisfied with my results I did finish every event I entered. Our results at Vegas to Reno do not truly reflect how well we did, had it not been for a bad voltage regulator costing us over an hour at pit 12 we would have finished 3rd.

I plan to continue the momentum of the 1998 season on into 1999, competing in the Best In The Desert Series (either over 30 Am or 4 STK Under 450), the AMA National Hare and Hound Series (Vet Am) and local NMA events on a 1998 XR 400.

Helping out in 1998 were, Subway, Hinshaws Motorcycle Store, Southern California Survey and Strictly Digital. My brother Mark was also a key part of making the 98 season a blast.

With a strong Marketing background, I understand the importance of “word of mouth”. If chosen as a member of the Smith team I promise to promote your products, carry myself in a professional manner, display good sportsmanship, respect all race promoters and event workers, and set a positive example for younger riders and fans.

Thanks again for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hope this helps.

enduro8

Sep 22, 2000
Alot of companies post in the front of cycle news when they are accepting resumes. You can also get alot of address out of the ads at the back of cycle news.

enduro8

Top Bottom