Blinkme7182

Sep 30, 2000
Hi folks, well I just put a deposit on a 2000 KX100 for $2300! Anyway, I want to know what are the best things to do for this bike to be twisty-trail ready...I was thinking a smaller front sprocket, and/or a flywheel weight...the bike is completely stock, and the suspension seems plenty soft. Anyway,, let me know what to do, i want your opinions!

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
Do you plan to ride enduro's or just trail ride? Seems like your biggest project will be getting the bike street legal -was quite a job back when I lived in New England, what with annual inspections and all.

I've had the best luck keeping things as stock as possible so I would suggest riding the bike for a bit and then correcting only what you don't like. I say that knowing that 99% of the folks that respond here seem to live to modify their bikes.

If you don't get the response that you want here, you might try Canadian Dave's KDX forum, they love to modify over there!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
i happened to notice last night while flipping through the Dennis Kirk catalog that Moose offers a lighting coil for the kx100.
I would focus on developing better low end horsepower and tractable power - flywheel weight, lower gearing make sense. lighting coil gets you on the way to "legal" as well.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
try http://www.denniskirk.com

looks like the lighting coil is $85 - but you might need to buy stator to... cant really tell look at item # 21-0055 and 21-0084. good luck

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Not all enduros require lights, don't waiste the money if it's not required. A flywheel weight, pipe, sproket change and hand gaurds would be top of my list.

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Your in luck, get the newest issue of Dirt Rider, an article on a all tricked out KX 100 for off road racing, Pro Curcit, and IMS parts turn the 100 in to a Abbott replica, (a smaller version anyway):)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I think that big gas tank on that thing is big news! I have a ton of friends who ride and race those things and they were all stoked to see that IMS makes a big tank for it. Maybe PM or email Yamamoto--I think I remember him talking about hopping up his wife's KX100 a while back.

Top Bottom