How to make KDX200 enduro legal

jeba6208

Sep 8, 2005
Do you know what it takes to make a kdx200 enduro legal?
I just bought a used 1993 with FMF pipe and some other goodies. Not sure what I need to do to make it so I can race in AMA Enduros.
Will I need a license plate since there will be some sections where we ride on the streets. Do I need a rear view mirror? turn signals? Will I need to get a motorcycle driver's license. Anybody out there been through this? Thanks in advance.
Greg Atlanta

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Depending on your state, you will have to have it registered, insured, a motorcycle license and the stock lighting should be sufficent, since the KDX was originally marketed and still is an Enduro Bike.
Check with your local clubs to find more info

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Contact the SERA group. They will be glad to tell you what it takes in GA. You will need a spark arrestor styled quiet muffler. You should add motorcycle also or something similar to your drivers license whether you ever ride an enduro or not. I never heard of an enduro that asked for a drivers license, however. Most other things depend on the State, but usually turn signals are not required. You will have fun riding enduros. Cheers John

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Come up North. They will be wanting DL for Bicycles. In NY, NJ,PA the Enduros may include use of the roadway, that is why they check for DL or Permits (motorcycle Class). Unless the Enduro is a complete closed course, they will check & require

Top Bottom