how to remove the jets from the carb

YZHooligan

Oct 30, 2006
so i took my carb apart to clean it, take a look at the needles and jets for first time. how do i actually take out the main and pilot jet? they look stuck there. the pilot isn't even "sticking out". sorry first time at doing this and doesn't say in the manual

thanks

2002 yz250 stock keihin carb

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
normaly the jets are fastened in the carb... only the needle jet is pressed...
good luck

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
That main should come out with a 6mm socket, and a snug fitting flat screwdiriver should get the pilot. Righty tighty, lefty loosey. BTW, my mother first showed me how to spin a wrench under the hood, it doesn't necesarily take a father, that's just a stereotype.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Don't we all? Have fun with it and remember, sometimes the best thing to do is walk away for a couple of hours. The solution will often slap you in the face while you are doing something else.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Some jets are pressed in,generally not to be messed with! Reference something as to what jets you are messing with. Main,needle,pilot(slow or idle) and some the ap(power or leak) are the main concerns. There are some with air jets and vents that do not get bothered,I do not recall a needle seat that does not come out,it IS the main. The brass that the main screws into sometimes is removable. Anytime you deal with unlike metals electrolysis will act like loctite and be a pain to loosen,overtightened brass can be a nightmare! Theses parts pop when they are loosened,sometimes in 2 pieces! Replace the float valve for general maintenance,once a year for confusions sake. It may look fine,but for a few bucks can save a nightmare!

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
GoT_GreeN said:
HuH? All jets will come out and the needle jet moves as you turn your throttle :coocoo:

needle jet= the part in the carb body the main jet screws into, jet needle = the part on the throttle slide that has the little clip, moves up and down with the slide; in and out of the needle jet

Top Bottom