How to ride a snowmobile?

wr200rider

Jun 21, 2006
I'm going down to my uncle's cabin by lake Tahoe to go snowmobiling.
This will be my first time ever on a snowmobile(the only power-sport vehicle I haven't ridden) so what are some riding tips?
Anything with a motor it seems like i can just get on and ride no problem and I just wanted some info on what it's like to ride before I jump on and floor it. I like to go fast so I'm not just going to put around and get used to it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
they don't putt around very well, as you gotta have the revs up to keep the clutch working. Keep your weight back, and make sure you don't chop the throttle in the deep stuff or you'll stick yourself.

Just take 'er easy on some level ground for starters before you go boondocking. And have fun.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
snowmobiles suck

jaco12

Mar 11, 2006
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
snowmobiles suck

Sorry i dont think that Really helps..... But ya like said Above, Dont putter around on it, its no fun, There very simple to Ride, just dont get stuck..

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Put your feet in them holes up front of the floor boards, hammer the throttle and watch out for barbed wire fences. One more thing, the tree shadows look like gnarly whoops and the gnarly whoops look like they ain't there. That's how Suds bit a hole in his lip and could squirt beer through it like a sprinklyer. Actually one more thing, you gotta really want to turn on of them snowblowers but don't ever take your feet out of them holes, unless you're doing a no footer back flip or crashing.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…