yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I have been riding on my cr125 for about two hours, and I just realized that I have no idea how to use the back brake. All that I can do is lock it up. Can anyone give me an idea of how to slow down without locking the brake up? Thanks a lot.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Use your front brake 70% of the time, and your back brake 30% of the time. I found this out the hard way......

OoM_WoC

Jun 19, 2001
HMMMM.... I think u press with your right foot... ;) But seriously, MTC's link in the other thread is a great article on braking.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hucker, I concur (I think that's the word I'm looking for). I do most of my steering with the back brake. I find it easier to carry speed through corners and such to brake slide into the turn and feather the clutch on the way out. Now, I reckon that riding on an MX track would be completely different. All I know is that in the woods, riding with this technique has helped me very much. I've been riding a lot faster since picking up this technique. But, maybe it only works for certain people, who knows.

roosterboy

Jul 25, 2000
no.....

you dont us eyour front brake 70% of the TIME. 70% of your braking comes from your front brake, 30% comes from the rear. Use both at the same time. At least thats what I've been taught. What if you only ride on a flat surface in a straight line ? does hucker mean 7 times from 10 you should only use your front brake, the other 3 only the back ? doesn't sound right to me.

Uhhh...
Jun 16, 2001
Re: no.....

Originally posted by roosterboy
does hucker mean 7 times from 10 you should only use your front brake, the other 3 only the back ? doesn't sound right to me.

Yeah thats right, he carries a little chalk board with him so he can keep score:)

The back brake is mainly for turning and staying flat over jumps. It's also good going into a braking bump area, if you drag it slightly it stops the rear eng from kicking up.

Well thats what my son taught me;)

Top Bottom