Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I know this comes up alot but i came accross a excelent website that goes over instructions on how and some reasons why to whip a bike.

There are a buch of vidoes you can watch and interviews with riders explaining how to do a whip.

Check it out HERE
:thumb:

Last edited:

berm buster

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2001
Hey Casper, thanks for the post, there is some very good technical info about
all aspects of the whip, especially about getting the whip "back". Its a great
site.

bermbuster

yzflier97

Jan 2, 2002
Great site Casper. My buddy and I have been looking for something just like this for a while. We have been trying to learn to whip it, but have gotten stuck at a particular point. Hopefully when I heal up we can, get back out there and get it sideway's!!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Last week I went ridng in the 25-30 mph winds and getting blown all over the track sure sucked. I saw this link and read up on it and thought I'd start working on it thia weekend to compensate for those windy days. To my surprise I am actually "whipping it" a little. Granted it's not much but ya gotta start somewhere. I thought it easiest to lean the bike a little just as I left the launch and lean over the (right side) bars and let the rear of the bike drift out to the left. I found a couple of times that it drifted pretty good and getting it back was no problem (except for once but I saved it). I think I've got a pretty good idea going now it's just finding the courage to really throw it out there. So far I've found it takes very little effort to do what I've worked up to so far. The hardest part is realizing if I'm getting the bike to actually do it, I asked a couple of people to watch at different times, the 1st guy said I was getting about a foot, later in the day the 2nd guy said I was up to 2 feet. Both said bringing it back looked real good. I hate asking people to watch me, guess I'll have to invest in a camcorder and maybe put it on a tripod or something.

Top Bottom