BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
This may be a long winded post, but bear with me....

Ok, assuming everything goes as planned (my truck doesn't break down and need tons of money to fix), I'm going to buy a pumper carb at the end of either this month or the next. I'm leaning towards the Mikuni TM40, mostly because of price. However, I cannot find anybody that sells this carb in a kit. Its the same carb that XR's Only sells for the XR400, only bigger. When I called XR's Only to ask about this carb, they couldn't tell me much....seems like all they wanted to do was sell me a big bore kit.

So, has anybody ever used this carb on a 600? If so, how much of a pain was it to get it to fit? I really don't wanna get an FCR, but the idea of just bolting it on and being done with it sounds really good.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

------------------
Kevin
1999 XR600R
badassxr600r@aol.com

[This message has been edited by BigBore (edited 04-03-2001).]

coyote

Mar 19, 2001
All you will probably have to do is have some aluminum machined to fit your airbox boot and intake boot. Thats what xrs only does and them epoxys the machined pieces onto the in and out throats on the carb. Any machine shop would probably be able to do this. I dont have any first hand knowledge, but thats what they did with the 36mm mikuni I got from them, I say go for it!

TR

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 17, 2000
BigBore, it you don't mind dealing with Australians give Phil Tomlin of Phil Tomlins Racing Products a call on

61 2 63 423899

He is very knowleable on carbys and such. With the low $AUS dollar it may work out quite cheap.

[This message has been edited by TR (edited 04-04-2001).]

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
Originally posted by TR:
BigBore, it you don't mind dealing with Australians give Phil Tomlin of Phil Tomlins Racing Products a call

Hey, he's one of my customers! A real nice guy, and you're right, very knowledgeable.

PJ

Top Bottom