WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Just doing my quarterly DRN check-in. The weather in the Northeast has pretty much sucked... and summer was no different. I rode a few times, raced a couple times, blew up my bike and didn't take a vacation. Took my son camping for the first time and it was a unique experience. Yes, I'll be missing DW again. Too much going on at home with a pregnant wife in grad school and a very mobile toddler who's starting to talk. Also have to take a business trip to India and, possibly, China in early October.

Hope everyone had a good summer!

---Woods

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
It's summer already?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
He LIVES!!! :scream:

Too bad you won't be seeing any of the responses for another 3 month! ;)

The weather here has actually gotten pretty nice. Low 70's, low humidity and sunny everyday. It figures the weather would break just at the time where I'm too busy to get out and ride :( Hope fully we can get together and ride in October someplace where I don't need to license my bike! :eek:

I'm going to be up your way to take my wife to a ...ugh...a doll show at the Polish Community Center on the 20th. You ought to stop by and say hi.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Do you really wanna know? LOL!

-I found out my Mom has cancer and the prognosis isn't good. :whiner:

-I broke my hand in April at the MX track - surgery is pending :|

-My job sucks - never know from week to week if I am going to get laid off or not. (This week I have a job!) :think:

-I just found out that I still have a job, however it is my job that is causing me to be shipped off to London and Malaysia for 2 months thus forcing me to miss DW `03. :(

But you know what?

"I AM ALIVE AND I'M FREE!!!!
WHO WOULDN"T WANT TO BE ME?" :thumb:

Thanks to Keith Urban for the quote and even more thanks to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - I know that things can ALWAYS get worse, but it doesn't matter as long as I have faith....

So how was my summer? I have had better - but it could have been a LOT worse. I guess it is all about perspective!

-jeffd

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
I'm going to be up your way to take my wife to a ...ugh...a doll show at the Polish Community Center on the 20th. You ought to stop by and say hi.
Uhhh, no dude... but you can stop by my place after the show. I'm about 10-mins. from the PCC.

Quit being so cheap and get a tag for that Susucki. Lot's of good rides if you got a tag.

jeffd - Sorry to hear about your mother. Two years ago my mother had breast cancer. Even though the prognosis was 50/50 at best, she underwent a masectomy, radiation and chemo therapy. Today she's a survivor.

Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by WoodsRider

jeffd - Sorry to hear about your mother. Two years ago my mother had breast cancer. Even though the prognosis was 50/50 at best, she underwent a masectomy, radiation and chemo therapy. Today she's a survivor.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. My Mom has been diagnosed with "primary peritoneal carcinoma". There is no cure or treatment for this type of cancer. It is often referred to as ovarian cancer without the ovaries - the best we can hope for is that perhaps they can slow it down and give her some quality of life. The prognosis given was six months. I know that the doctors don't have a crystal ball, but it would appear that they did not like what they saw during her recent surgery and that this stuff is in the advanced stages. She is undergoing "natural" treatments now in hopes of slowing this stuff down. Chemo was not an option for her as she wants quality of life, not just to extend it by a few months and be bald, sick, and weak. Miracles can and do happen and that is what we are all praying for.

I didn't mean to put a damper on the thread, but sometimes the pressure gets to be too much and a release is in order. I have seen what this place is made of and that is a bunch of great folks that sometimes lean on each other and offer support whenever they can. This place is awesome I tell ya. :thumb:

-jeffd

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Jeff,

&nbsp;I can tell by your words you have a great attitude and are keeping your head held high during this trying time, keep&nbsp;up your&nbsp;faith, your Mom will be in my prayers, may God bless.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom