How would YOU take this berm? (pic)

MarksCR250

Jun 21, 2001
Its about an 8 or 9 foot elevation from the bottom of the pic to the top of this berm. It follows a double jump either taken in an aggressive 2nd gear or a medium throttle 3rd gear. You land, and you are starting to brake around the lower right hand corner of the picture.

turn.jpg

Right after this corner is a small woop section that feels best in 3rd gear. So, how would you tame this corner? :think
The heigth of it doesnt come across very well in the photo, but not many people go all the way to the top.. I'm not even sure going all the way to the top is faster, but it sure looks cooler. Any takers?

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL,
Looks like there's been a couple of high-side ut oh's up there!:eek:

MTC

Feb 1, 2001
Looks to me like 3rd gear is the best. If you took the double in 4th, down-shifted to 3rd in the air, then took the inside line at half throttle, and exited wide. Then you'd be set up for the whoop section.

This way, if anybody enters the corner wide, you can take their line away from them.

Or . . . just stay in 3rd the whole time :eek:.

MarksCR250

Jun 21, 2001
I think you may be right Jaybird, and that would also explain the human skeleton bones we found over the back side there.. hmmmmmm....... :)

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Geeze, talk about banking! I would just lena it over, wieght the outside peg and go through it as fast as possible in the most controlable line. Just make sure to take it easy on the throttle becasue that loks like some slick hardpack.

Mar 31, 2000
It's kinda hard to feel the berm thru the pic, but it looks like it's not a perfect arc and could be hard to gas it all the way thru. I usualy scream into the berm going fast and skid into the apex of the berm to change my direction while downshifting and setting up to blast out of it. That seems to work for me on berms that are "out of shape"

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
If I were alone, I'd go in high and come out low. If I wanted to pass someone, I'd go completely opposite where the other guy is going. When yon go opposite you will be able to take away his line halfway through the berm.

roostinbe

Mar 22, 2001
i see 4 basic lines. lo-hi, hi-lo, outside, inside. as kawie said, it looks pretty slick... can you square it up, and set your rear wheel against that edge up there? that would probably give you the best hook up of any line, also, it would set you up perfectly for the whoops... you always want to have as strait of a line, as possible. hey six string.... you might try breaking for control, instead of panic skidding, it works a little better;)

Mxracer510

May 7, 2000
i'd take the line landing from the outside and ride the whole berm at the top and have the most momentum going into the next whoops. Somebody might pass you in the corner but they wouldn't be able to keep up with you in the whoops. just my opinion...though sometimes people tend to see me as crazy when I ride sometimes.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom