How you can help victims of the National tragedy

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
GIVE BLOOD!

Without a doubt there will be a need for it. It wont cost you a cent and you can help save a life.

I going after work today. How about you?

albeefan

Mar 21, 2001
Corporate America is standing up and pitching in too! Today my company sent out a network wide email encouraging all employees who are able, to go donate blood even during company time without incurring any loss to pay, sick leave, or vacation time. Every pint is precious people, please give if you can! I can't because of cornea transplants and steroid medication to prevent rejection and I am miserable. I was only two pints away from 5 gallons before my eye got 'personal' with a screwdriver but that is another story...
PLEASE DONATE

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Even up here in BC Canada,(western most province) the donor clinics are flooded with people giving blood. There are huge line ups to give blood even though we are very far away from NYC.

Like the saying goes: "blood; its in you to give."

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
My company sent out a company wide e-mail stating that they are going to set up blood donation sites in all offices. This is being done to easy the overflow of donation at local banks. The e-mail stated the Red Cross needs 80,000 units of blood. It also stated that it doesn't matter if you live far away from all the destruction.

I have never given blood in my life. I hate needles, but tomorrow I will donate blood for those in need.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Got home from work today, and my kids had just come from the blood bank. They couldn't get in! We all plan to wait a few days, then try again.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Sawblade
I have never given blood in my life. I hate needles, but tomorrow I will donate blood for those in need.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE!

Don't even give it a second thought. It is no more than a pin prick and then lay back. When they do the actual stick just focus on something interesting (like a goodlooking member of the opposite sex) away from your arm.
Anyone else that can please do it and try to make it a habit even in times of relative calm. the stockpiles only last so long and everyday demand is there.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by oldguy

Don't even give it a second thought. It is no more than a pin prick and then lay back. When they do the actual stick just focus on something interesting (like a goodlooking member of the opposite sex) away from your arm.

oldguy,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm sure I can find something to focus on!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
160 views and only 6 willing to donate :(

I guess it's easier to leave a phone # and the airport that you live near.:think

Orange County Red Cross 714-835-5381
or
1-800-give life (1-800-448-3543) I'm not sure if this is a nation wide # or just for California.

I got turned away last night along with many others. Line was too long to get us in. No worry........I'll be back

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Thumbs, don't think that the lack of posts = nobody donating. I offered up help on the other thread because they wouldn't be able to find me otherwise. I don't need to post to find the local blood bank. Locally the blood banks are jammed with donors! They have asked us to return later in the week. *snip*

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Papa - I certainly don't meant to chastise anyone and I know that many people do donate and don't post.

Sorry if I came across as a total jerk. If you knew me you would know that I'm only a partial jerk.;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
No harm, no foul. :) You obviously care deeply, and how can that be a bad thing.

I've edited my previous post. We don't need any negative vibes. Sorry if I was harsh.
I guess I've got PJS ( partial jerk syndrome) too!:confused: I'll have to get that checked.:D

Keith

Top Bottom