Howdy from Cooperland (9/30)!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Well, we rolled in with a few minutes of daylight left on Sunday evening.   Were surprised to see how many people were already here!!  Got our trailer unhitched and the bikes rolled out, then went over to meet and greet.  The bonfire was a small but excited group Sunday evening. 

Monday morning we awoke to some clouds and light rain.  Not a good start.  But, there were a few breaks in between the hours of rain, and some hardy souls went out and collected some red mud with their bikes.  Dave and I scoped out a couple areas for Patman's trials & tribulations in the morning, then we had an afternoon break and fired up the KTMs to check out the woods trail.  The woods trail is a hoot-- fun, fast single track with a couple little bar checks/gotchas here and there, but no difficult obstacles.  The woods were in great shape, with very good traction considering that it had rained most of Monday.  Dave went out on the MX track for a bit while I was changing a plug, and he said it was "scary". :confused:   I'm sure the sloppy mud contributed to that feeling.

Tuesday morning, and we have awoken again to rain.  :(  Supposed to clear out Wednesday and Thursday, which is good because there's a lot of events scheduled!  Cross your fingers for better weather, and whoever is doing the rain dance-- STOP!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
We'll think dry thoughts for you guys Lori ;)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
Sorry - No rain sympathy from those of us not at DW! Think of it as dust control!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Think of all the red mud that will go home with you.  You'll have a pleasant reminder of the greatest week of your life.  Rain doesn't put a damper on the spirit of DW.  It just provides other possibilities.....

Jamir

I come and go
I have word from Pred that he is bringing some Idaho sunshine with him.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
I believe that the only limit that a musician has is their lack of dreams.

Jamir

I come and go
I believe that little men live the walls of my house and at night they come out and saddle up my cat and ride her to town to get supplies.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Originally posted by Thunder 33
I believe that little men live the walls of my house and at night they come out and saddle up my cat and ride her to town to get supplies.
Which explains why PBJ sammiches at T33's house always smell like cat pee. :eek:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
I believe........

The voices in my head.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
The voices in my head tell me that everyone's guitar uses the same 12 notes, but that does not mean that you have to do the same things with them that everyone else does. Then combine that with three other cats who have the same vision and you are on your way. Mind you, these are not the cats with saddles that pee on the sammiches, these are the cats who play guitar with those same 12 notes, but they do different things with them. I am not sure I'd be down with anyone who ever tried to do something that has not been done before.

But I'm not going to rule anything out . . .

Patman

Pantless Wonder
Originally posted by XRpredator
But I'm not going to rule anything out . . .
Gomer anxiously awaits your arrival in Stillwater! :laugh:

Jamir

I come and go
Originally posted by Patman

Gomer anxiously awaits your arrival in Stillwater! :laugh:

funny how we will be arriving in the same vehicle, yet one of us will be welcomed with open arms and the other will probably directed to the back of the grounds. (previously reserved for Irish)

PLEASE send updates and pictures!!!! My hubby is fiveo(yahama #800) and my brothers are mx727(yahama #727) and tcarp(Honda #569) and I didn't go cause we have a 4 month old! hubby tried to call last night but his cell phone is on roam and the connection was HORRIBLE with lots of static! All their cell phones are on Roam so we haven't heard from the gang here at home! Thanks - Jennifer

DWreck

Subscriber
Originally posted by killired
PLEASE send updates and pictures!!!! My hubby is fiveo(yahama #800) and my brothers are mx727(yahama #727) and tcarp(Honda #569) and I didn't go cause we have a 4 month old! hubby tried to call last night but his cell phone is on roam and the connection was HORRIBLE with lots of static! All their cell phones are on Roam so we haven't heard from the gang here at home! Thanks - Jennifer
I just got home from there and saw mx727, I remember him from last year. Everyone seemed to be smiling and having a good time in spite of it being a little on the muddy side so I am sure your hubby and other brother are alive and well. Sorry, didn't get the camera out. I will make it a point to go and meet the others tomorrow but I doubt that you will see me one here for a couple of days, after all it is DirtWeek! Take care of the little one, they will be home before you know it. Derek