LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Well, we rolled in with a few minutes of daylight left on Sunday evening.   Were surprised to see how many people were already here!!  Got our trailer unhitched and the bikes rolled out, then went over to meet and greet.  The bonfire was a small but excited group Sunday evening. 

Monday morning we awoke to some clouds and light rain.  Not a good start.  But, there were a few breaks in between the hours of rain, and some hardy souls went out and collected some red mud with their bikes.  Dave and I scoped out a couple areas for Patman's trials & tribulations in the morning, then we had an afternoon break and fired up the KTMs to check out the woods trail.  The woods trail is a hoot-- fun, fast single track with a couple little bar checks/gotchas here and there, but no difficult obstacles.  The woods were in great shape, with very good traction considering that it had rained most of Monday.  Dave went out on the MX track for a bit while I was changing a plug, and he said it was "scary". :confused:   I'm sure the sloppy mud contributed to that feeling.

Tuesday morning, and we have awoken again to rain.  :(  Supposed to clear out Wednesday and Thursday, which is good because there's a lot of events scheduled!  Cross your fingers for better weather, and whoever is doing the rain dance-- STOP!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
We'll think dry thoughts for you guys Lori ;)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Think of all the red mud that will go home with you.  You'll have a pleasant reminder of the greatest week of your life.  Rain doesn't put a damper on the spirit of DW.  It just provides other possibilities.....

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I have word from Pred that he is bringing some Idaho sunshine with him.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I believe that little men live the walls of my house and at night they come out and saddle up my cat and ride her to town to get supplies.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Thunder 33
I believe that little men live the walls of my house and at night they come out and saddle up my cat and ride her to town to get supplies.

Which explains why PBJ sammiches at T33's house always smell like cat pee. :eek:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I believe........

The voices in my head.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
The voices in my head tell me that everyone's guitar uses the same 12 notes, but that does not mean that you have to do the same things with them that everyone else does. Then combine that with three other cats who have the same vision and you are on your way. Mind you, these are not the cats with saddles that pee on the sammiches, these are the cats who play guitar with those same 12 notes, but they do different things with them. I am not sure I'd be down with anyone who ever tried to do something that has not been done before.

But I'm not going to rule anything out . . .

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by XRpredator
But I'm not going to rule anything out . . .
Gomer anxiously awaits your arrival in Stillwater! :laugh:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by Patman

Gomer anxiously awaits your arrival in Stillwater! :laugh:

funny how we will be arriving in the same vehicle, yet one of us will be welcomed with open arms and the other will probably directed to the back of the grounds. (previously reserved for Irish)

killired

Mar 25, 2002
PLEASE send updates and pictures!!!! My hubby is fiveo(yahama #800) and my brothers are mx727(yahama #727) and tcarp(Honda #569) and I didn't go cause we have a 4 month old! hubby tried to call last night but his cell phone is on roam and the connection was HORRIBLE with lots of static! All their cell phones are on Roam so we haven't heard from the gang here at home! Thanks - Jennifer

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by killired
PLEASE send updates and pictures!!!! My hubby is fiveo(yahama #800) and my brothers are mx727(yahama #727) and tcarp(Honda #569) and I didn't go cause we have a 4 month old! hubby tried to call last night but his cell phone is on roam and the connection was HORRIBLE with lots of static! All their cell phones are on Roam so we haven't heard from the gang here at home! Thanks - Jennifer
I just got home from there and saw mx727, I remember him from last year. Everyone seemed to be smiling and having a good time in spite of it being a little on the muddy side so I am sure your hubby and other brother are alive and well. Sorry, didn't get the camera out. I will make it a point to go and meet the others tomorrow but I doubt that you will see me one here for a couple of days, after all it is DirtWeek! Take care of the little one, they will be home before you know it. Derek

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
cool I'll be leaving fo there tomorow :)

killired

Mar 25, 2002
thanks for the update! hubby did go in to walmart and got reception there and called me! it's good to hear that everyone is not freezing and/or soaking wet! ive been cheking weatherbug to see how it's goin! looks like the next 2 days will be sunny! have fun and stay safe!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Wooohooo!  :)  I'm leaving this evening after work.  See Ya'll tomorrow morning.

:thumb:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm flying out tomorrow morning. At least the voices in my head and the little people that live in Jamie's walls tell me so. His cat looked pretty tired after they saddled her up and rode her all the way to Idaho so they could tell me.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Cloudy and cold this morning (Wednesday).  Sure wasn't expecting low 40s this time of year, in Oklahoma!  But the sun came out in the afternoon, and with it all the dirt bikes came out of hiding.  A few came out and played in the mud Monday and Tuesday.  Funny, they were all the same color-- this orangish-red hue. :confused:

The MX track was groomed, and it looked like everyone was finally getting the chance to clear the cobwebs out of bikes.  The poker runs (adults & kids) went off without a hitch, and there were lots of smiling faces afterwards.  The event schedule has changed a bit due to the weather conditions, but everyone took it in stride. 

A new section was added to the woods trails, and there were many people happy about that.  Across the back of the field out of the old loop, then down across the creek and back up again into a nearly 3 mile section of loopy single-track, and then back out into the far field near the back of the MX track.  I even got the chance to watch Guy Cooper ride a "special" line up the far side of the creek bank.  Never one to take the main trail, when a more difficult nearly inverted wall on the far side is available! 

As far as I know, no major injuries have occurred.  Just the usual bumps and bruises, sore and stiff muscles which are easily remedied around the bonfire in the evening.  ;)

Jennifer, your husband did find me, and wanted you to know that he has arrived safely. 

Looks like some more good weather on Thursday, and then another chance of showers Friday and Saturday.  Hopefully the rain will skip us, but as everyone knows, the riding at DirtWeek always seems to be secondary to the family reunion.  Huddling under the big top while a shower moves through is just another opportunity to meet some new people.  :)

I don't have any way to upload pictures to the web, but rest assured that the spirit of DW is being captured on still and video images. 

Looking forward to meeting the last few stragglers coming in the next couple days.  There *might* be  a couple square feet of parking area left for you guys!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
I was there getting wet and muddy monday and tuesday- no matter -still a veery good time.. had to leave for work - before the good weather came in on wednesday of course :(

twinspode i did bring home a LOT of that red dirt..on my bikes andclothes..
enough to make a fiddy track in the back yard-
its all good.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Lori, hows my Pamp doing, hope you have gotten a ride, or is Wendy hogging my lil baby ?!

Top Bottom