Grissom29

N. Texas SP
Jan 3, 2004
Howdy in Texas

Just introducing myself and inquiring about Texas.

I live in Dallas, but do not currently have a dirt bike. I'm in the planning stages to get one in the next few months (finances are building). I rode an XR80 for a few years as a kid, and a CR125 for a few as a teenager before giving them up for car money in high school. I recently bought a street bike, and my next steps will be two bikes for me and my son.

I mainly just wanted to say hello and find out where is good riding in the DFW area? Any good places to visit even though I don't have a bike yet, that perhaps I could be learning more about what I want?

Thanks in advance for your time and input,

Jason

Last edited:

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
Hello Grissom29,

Welcome back to dirtbiking.

Unfortuneately Texas has little public lands so you have to find private lands to ride. There are good National Forest lands to ride in the in the south, (Sam Houston National Forest) but I don't know up north where you are. Check racerirect.com and texasoffroad.net for a good listing of tracks in Texas. Those websites would be good to ask the same questions. I live in Spring (north Houston) so am not too familiar with north Texas. I hear Swan is awesome though, in Tyler.

dgmartin

Dec 14, 2002
I live in Mount Vernon about 85mi east of Dallas. one of the best places is Barnwell Recreation Area. Shoot me a e-mail and we could do some riding. i am just 40min from this riding area. Big house by myself unless my 2 sons are visiting they are dirt bikers also. u can crash here if u like. here is the link to barnwell. http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/ohvareas/barnwell/index.html
me 40 kids 10 and 13. bikes dr-z250,xr-100 and klx-110. we just ride and have fun. oh yeah they are having the GNCC national offrode motorcycle race at barnwell on week-end of jan 31st. lotta fun. later
e-mail dgmartin@cox-internet.com

Grissom29

N. Texas SP
Jan 3, 2004
Thanks! I've bookmarked that. I might have to take a look at that soon. Must get bike soon!

I appreciate the offer of a place to stay. I'm finding that this forum has some of the friendliest users I've ever seen.

Thanks again,

Jason

Top Bottom