How's everybody on the right coast

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Watching Isabel on the news, so I was wondering if anyone here is dealing with it and how well

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
So far in North Jersey, we have some wind, but no rain yet.&nbsp; Lots of trees down and power outages around, but no problems here.....yet

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Lots of wind and light rain but the main part of the storm is about to hit here in a hour or so. There's going to be alot of trail clearing in the next month to be able to ride again.

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
They predicted some bad stuff where I am and they started closing schools last night. As I look out the window I can see several patches of nice blue sky. We lucked out and I'm sure the kids are happy:)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We're a couple hours west of RM_Guy, and it's cloudy and windy with spits of rain here and there.&nbsp; I can't believe they were announcing school closings last night.&nbsp; :think:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm sure we will still get some high winds but I doubt there will be any rain with it. I say let it blow, it will dry out the trails and possible make for some interesting trail obstacles :eek:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Stinking thing quit as soon as it started! I'm disappointed. We had a thunderstorm last week that was stronger than this so called Huricanne. :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well now I know why I'm not a weatherman, It's freaking pouring here now!!

On second thought my prediction is about as good at the weatherman's most of the time :eek:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by RM_guy

On second thought my prediction is about as good at the weatherman's most of the time :eek

Oh Hell yes, you sound just like the weatherman, Clear and Sunny, but watch out for the Thunder storms/lightning and flash floods just in case. :laugh:

The knuckleheads out here have the DOPPLER 7000 and all it does is shows us what we already know " IT"S FREAK'N RAINING" LOL

Anyhow, it just dawn on me that if anybody was in the thick of the storm, they may not be able to respond.

Hope you all stay safe

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Lost a piece of facia off one of my gables. Off to Home Depot...

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Well, we got hit pretty hard. There are THOUSANDS of trees down in my area (probably a thousand in my neighborhood alone). I came out really lucky as I didn't lose a single tree, but my power has been out since Thursday afternoon and likely will not be back on until next week sometime.

I'm heading to VA Beach tomorrow to help manage the cleanup effort. I've heard it is brutal there.

Good to hear most people came out OK.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I sat out for the beginning of it Thursday, It was neat to watch, you could see the radial arms of clouds rotating by, dark, then sunny, then wind, dark, and rain. Plenty of wind, some trees down but no more than a typical hard summer T storm. I lost power for about 4 hours on Friday AM, no big deal. The press really hyped this one into a tizzy, many local schools were closed Thursday AND Friday. We went to Ocean City NJ this weekend, got down after dark Friday and stayed till around 4 Sunday. Awesome weekend, warm water, nice sun, no big crowds, and lots of stuff was even open. Some places were boarded up but most were open by Sat night or Sunday noon. The Ocean City NJ shore was not hit very hard at all. Props to Peco for getting the power on in short order despite hundreds of calls that affected thousands of customers, Im sure they are still all on over time getting the lines and poles back in order.

jjcobra99

Oct 17, 2002
Reporting from VA Beach...what a mess here. I didn't get nailed as bad as some, but lost about 50 shingles, tore loose some siding, took down a rain gutter, busted up my fence, dumped a bunch of big branches in my back yard, and no power for about 53 hours so all my food went bad. The worst part? My insurance company has a $2500 deductible on wind damage. The main thing is, we're okay. Where was I during all of this? In WV riding my bike!! :)

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
It's a beautiful time to be in the Tree biz :yeehaw: Lots of tree damage here too, trees on houses , multiple trees down in yards. We're backed up for awhile, even got a couple guys coming up from FL. to help me catch up for at least a week!
Not even from the hurricane, but we had another bad rain storm last night and my huge double trunk Oak in front of my house cracked at the union :whiner: Might just let it go and see how it does but it will probably have to come out too.

Top Bottom