Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
Hughes + 450 @ Red Bud

From RacerX,

It looks like the 125 class could be losing one of its top riders by Red Bud, while at the same time getting another one back off of the sidelines. Red Bull KTM rider Ryan Hughes is said to be pondering a move to the 250 class and a ride on the KTM 450 that was parked when Grant Langston was injured at Hangtown. Hughes has struggled on his two-stroke 125 this year after narrowly losing out on the 2003 title to his teammate Langston. The difference between this year and last? The addition of red, green and yellow thumpers to the class.

Last edited:

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Seeing how the KTM 125 is the fastest 2 stroke available I can't see the bike being the issue. From what I have seen of Hughes he doesn't look like he is going as fast as he has in the past plus he keeps making mistakes. Not sure if this is the smartest move for him unless he plans to stay in the 250's. I will be surprised if he pulls better results on the 450 though. Afterall, RC, Reed, Windham and the Cobra are not slouches.

elf

Jun 7, 2003
I think it would be a good move for Ryan. He is going nowhere in the 125 class. He has plenty of ride time on the 450 so it would be an easy switch. I think he could be top 10 easy and maybe top five if he can keep it on two wheels.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Hughes was racing at my club at Glen Helen back track a couple of weeks ago- i know the ktms are fast, but it did look like he was struggling for power compared to the thumpers going up the hills.

i know bubba can do it on a two stroke, but he is something different than most mortals

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I don't know what Hughes weighs, but he looks pretty beefy for a 125.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Then again, so does Bubba.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
"Smells" a lot like a very good way to avoid racing against Alesse. ;)

Top Bottom