KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
But I thought we were well on the way of the Dinosaurs. :)

Greening Earth Society Re-Enters "Carbon Dioxide As Pollutant" Fray

From Greening Earth Society
Monday, June 4, 2001

WASHINGTON, DC — Detailed analysis by Greening Earth Society science advisors refuting the claim that there is a scientific basis upon which to declare carbon dioxide a "pollutant" has been submitted for consideration by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as the agency reviews a petition by the International Center for Technology Assessment.
A thorough examination of the peer-reviewed scientific literature reveals that the overwhelming weight of scientific evidence does not support the proposition that carbon dioxide can be "reasonably anticipated to cause or contribute to adverse effects on public health, welfare, or the environment." In fact, the balance of evidence is supportive of the opposite notion: Carbon dioxide increases will confer a net benefit on society.

READ MORE HERE

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Ah, I was confused at first as well. With a name like Greening Earth Society, you have to be suspicious! However, digging a bit deeper, the GES was created by Western Fuels Association to promote the benign effects of CO2. Their site has links for studies that have been done showing that plant growth increases with increased CO2. So, in effect, the GES is on our side. Of course, with an affiliation like Western Fuels, they certainly have their own agenda to promote! :eek:

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
What surprised me more than anything was that the ENN was posting the report.
It seems contrary to their agenda. :eek:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Agreed, KW. ENN sure seems to have the magnifying glass on Dubya right now. If you can believe their home page, ENN claims to present all sides of an issue, and let you decide. Kinda like FOXNews. Maybe this is their attempt at showing some equality. I was kind of surprised, and somewhat pleased, that doing a quick search for "dirt bikes", "ATV", or "OHV" turned up nothing on their site.

Top Bottom