Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
All, I'm thinkings is, thank goodness the clash was between two trucks ?! :eek:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The main road looks divided so how did the two trucks end up in a head on?

I agree the H2 is not a Hummer, just a Tahoe with some extras and it looks like some of those extras aren't as tough as the Hummer image. :laugh:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Looks like one of them tried to turn left in front of the other.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by Patman
I agree the H2 is not a Hummer, just a Tahoe with some extras and it looks like some of those extras aren't as tough as the Hummer image. :laugh:

Shoot! I thought the H-2 was a real Hummer. I looked on the website and sure enough, the H-2 is a whole 'nother animal. $50,000 cheaper and 2000 lbs lighter.

I'm bummed!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yeah I guess their "Like nothing else" tag line has small print for the H2 "sort of like nothing else but similar to other GM products....

Since it's a Tahoe would that make it a H2hoe? :confused:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
"Since it's a Tahoe would that make it a H2hoe? "
LOL.
A "real" Hummer would not have faired much better. The whole front is just a fiber glass hood and radiator, no sheet metal, just two rails.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I think the hummer is actually built on the suburban chassis. Not even in the same solar system as the real Humvee...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I saw a show on Discover about the Hummer. The H2 is built on a SUV frame and they admit that it is no where as good as the H1 but it still can tackle some tough terrian...as long as a Ram isn't coming the other way on the trail :eek:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well my idiot neighbor that cruises around town in his H2 almost found out what my Ram can do to the side of his. Dummy pulled right out in front of me and i almost t-boned him. If it wasnt for only having my Ram for 3 months i just might of tried finding out. :)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I thought it looks a little like a Vovlo with those crush zones they have for safety, lol!

So, any guesses as to how much it will cost to FIX that thing? You know the insurance company is not gonna total it...

-jeffd

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The picture doesn't show, but that H2 smashed through about 5 or 6 other vehicles before it hit the Dodge.. :eek: The driver had a medical emergency, I remember seeing the newspaper clipping.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Camstyn
The driver had a medical emergency
I've suffered too much prolonged exposure to Pred. The first time I read that I thought it said "fecal emergency". Damn the Predator! :uh:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I know what you mean. A friend of mine said something about "shaving Missy", but that's not what I heard.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
A friend of mine said something about "shaving Missy", but that's not what I heard.

I have to wonder what "shaving Missy" is about. How could you imagine something that would be more bizarre?

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Yeah, insurance companies will not "total" a vehicle because it looks "ugly" (from the wreck)...
yes, the H@ is built on the same platform as a Tahoe... a Glorified Tahoe.
H1's are great and all, but not too practical, gets about 8 miles to the gallon (which shouldnt be a concern for you if your gonna shell out 90k or so.), has a top speed of 86 mph and goes 0-60 miles an hour in 18 seconds.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Correction above, some insr companies will do ugly totals, but they usually prefer not to.
My bud has the new RangeRover, talk about a well crafted vehicle.

Top Bottom