Hungry Valley/Gorman March 16, 17 or 18?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Just puttin' the 'feelers' out and checking to see if there is any interest in getting together for a ride on one of these days. TTRGuy, Kiwi and I may be there on one of these days. It would be great if some of you other socal locals could make it out. I checked the weather forcast and I think it is suppose to be sunny and in the 50's that weekend. (please correct me if any of you have heard differently)
So go ahead an post here if you have any interest at all.
Thanks guys

------------------
Aimee
RM125
AMA Member
Blue Ribbon Coalition Member
gospeedracer’s Picture Page

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
awww man, Jeff you still out because of your hand? You could always just come and watch :p Or maybe Kiwi can take you for a little ride around on his handle bars... ;)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer:
Or maybe Kiwi can take you for a little ride around on his handle bars... ;)[/B]

Pins just came out today...Dont need them back in. By the way how is that new bike?

Two more weeks and I'm all clear.

Definitely want to get back out to Gorman. That one time was not enough.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Hi Ms. Speedy. Can't make it that weekend. Maybe in a couple weeks, but, I will take the time to go out to Gorman and paint that big concrete block bright orange for you. Easier to see that way. LOL. ;)

------------------
"Old age and treachery, sumthin, sumthin, can't remember the rest."
Ol'89r

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Awesome! We're on then. Just have to pick which day.

uhh, thanks Terry, but it was asphalt thank you very much!! :p While you're out there could you paint anything else I could possibly crash into..... okay.... just paint EVERYTHING!! :eek:

sgr, you in? perfect moderate ride opportunity here! :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Speedy. Checked with Home Depot, they said they don't have that much paint. :confused:

------------------
"Old age and treachery, sumthin, sumthin, can't remember the rest."
Ol'89r

[This message has been edited by Ol'89r (edited 03-07-2001).]

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Speedy - if you had color co-ordinated handguards...stuff wouldn't break when the ground leaps up at your bike.

Maybe you could just wear orange tinted lenses instead of the paint?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Oh I get it, this must be where the line for the geriatric peanut gallery forms to pick on poor lil' speedy! :p

Kiwi, you gonna bring the Gas Gas this time or are you going to sit around in your garage whining about having to work on it! :p

By the way, do you have a preference of which day?

[This message has been edited by gospeedracer (edited 03-07-2001).]

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
That would be awesome Kali! It would be great to see you and Kevin again. Have you been to Gorman before?

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Dinner? Watch it now, you're cutting into my other vacation plans now buddy! JK :) So where are all these other So-Cal riders at? Come on now people, I usually have a couple of spectacular crashes (just kidding Kiwi) Hehehe...... Dont worry, I'll pay for whatever I break :rolleyes:

------------------
2000 TTR250
TTRGuy’s Picture Page

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
If it's going to be sat. the 17th, I would be interested. I would just need to know where to meet people at in the morning.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.timekeepersmc.com" TARGET=_blank>www.timekeepersmc.com
</A> 97 CR 250
I like 4 strokes...got one in my truck.

[This message has been edited by Farmer John (edited 03-07-2001).]

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy:
you're cutting into my other vacation plans

Which include an introduction to SUSHI!!! :) Hehehehe

I think the other socal members that have ridden with me before must a be a little scared, they already know what a hazzard I am on the trails! :eek:

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Howdy, other than Terry, Dave (89r & LT) et al, I don't think I've met or ridden with some of you others. I missed out on the last Gorman ride and want to make the next one. My buddies and I hosted the Big Bear ride last summer and hope to do the same this year. We're pretty "snowed-in" right now and I'm looking for a good ride. Count me in as a maybe, depending on the day.

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
Wish I could make it but the prospectors enduro is that weekend.You better make sure its open i heard they have been closed because of all the snow.

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
I've been looking forward to riding with the DRN riders and getting back to Gorman. Sat. looks like it will work best for me too.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
whoo, hoo! sweet! It would be awesome if you can make it augi. I was hoping you would join us. (need to balance the estrogen to testosterone ya know) ;)

Saturday is fine with me, but we have to get back to SB in time for St. Patty's day festivities! :)

Thanks for the heads up brett, I will make sure and check on that.

[This message has been edited by gospeedracer (edited 03-07-2001).]

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Originally posted by kalitude:
Neither one of us has been to Gorman...is it pretty cool? Can my mini bike handle it? ;)

kalitude, I ride a CR80XR100 mix and I had no problems when we were at Gorman in November. You're bike should do just fine. Look forward to meeting you and Kevin.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Count me in. I just need to send my radiator out for repair. I'll do that today.

Red sticker and a spark arrestor OK?

Sweet, I get to meet some more DRN'ers.

------------------
It always gets worse before it gets better.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Cool Thumbs, it will be great to see you again. The rules say you must have a green sticker. I don't remember the "ok" months for a red. I'm sure there is more info or a contact # on one of these links so you can ask about a red sticker. If you're in a pinch just go down to a dealer and buy an Out of State reg for $20.

Kali, here are some links to check out http://www.frazmtn.com/hvsvra/
Click on "Gorman Weather" and then check out the 10 day weather forcast! :) :)

These two have some good pictures of the area http://www.bokasmo.com/ohv/california/hungryvly/index.html http://www.pe.net/~imu/hungry_valley_svra_pictures.htm

You shouldn't have any problems on your ttr. Augi kicked butt on her bike last time we were there. :)

Looks like it will be Sat. the 17th then. I hear we're in for more rain through this weekend but then it is suppose to be done! :)

I think the front parking lot just inside the entrance is a good place to meet. You'll pay the fee, they'll check for a green sticker and a sa, then just pull into the lot to the right.

Top Bottom