Tree Crippler

Jun 8, 2000
I got the new gun for Elk, Browning A-bolt Composite Stalker .300WSM with Bushnell Elite4x-12x scope. I'm going to try it on the PA deer this year. Its hard to find any ammo for it.

I'll be hunting NY with my Browning Auto-5 and Remington 1187 with scope.

In Pa I'll also use the S/W.44mag 629 classic with port and Browning BLR.308.

Going out West in 2 years for the Elk. Of course you can tell my Brand of choice.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
9 mm's are a blast.. I have a PT 92 that sees lots of use. For hunting Deer my favorite used to be a .25-06 now its a .300 win mag. For birds and sporting clays I like the old side by side 12 ga. Now to my favorite hand cannons. The Ruger .44 mag is fun but my wifes 2-1/4" .357 mag. really packs a whallop. But I think my favorite all around gun is the .22's. Its what I have the most of and also shoot the most. I used to shoot alot, but the last 2 years I have shot one gun twice, my .300 opening morning of deer season two years in a row, Im 2 for 2 and one box of ammo has lasted 3 years. Last year I took my 5 year old daughter (4 at the time). We had a great time and it was good to have a helper to hold the rear legs open while I scooped out the guts......:cool:

Does anyone reload? I used to when I shot alot. I just sold all my reloading stuff about 2 months ago.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by 380EXCman
Does anyone reload?

I load 12ga AA's for clay shooting.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Tree Crippler
I got the new gun for Elk, Browning A-bolt Composite Stalker .300WSM . . .
I am intrigued by the WSM. How do you rate the performance so far? I have a buddy who just got one, and I hope to get a chance to shoot it soon. That may be my next purchase in the rifle department.

After I get a .45-70, of course.:cool:

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
You guys and your toy guns!:p . If you want to shoot a real rifle like I do. you have to get you a Remington .300 Ultra Mag.

Shotgun: Baretta A 390 ST 12 guage.

Pistol: Kimber Custom 45 ACP.

Reloading is a must do thing, it is like fine tuning your bike. What it boils down to is gaining total confidence in whatever you are shooting.

A friend of mine just got a 45-70 (Browning), we went out and shot it quite a bit one day and he just wasn't happy with it so he had it bored to a 45-120. He said it made a big improvement with it but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Amen on the Beretta shotgun. I also have the 12 ga A 390 ST deluxe (gold engraved dogs and woodcock). I reloaded quite a bit when I was trap shooting but now I just buy some and go. More of a time thing.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Favorite Shotgun: I'm pretty partial to my Beretta AL 390 Gold Sporting, but the 391 are even nicer.

Rifles: I'm a winchester man, the next one will probably be a 300 WSM and maybe a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 or 450 Marlin

For pistols I like the Sig Sauer's and I'd like to have a new 480 Ruger or maybe a 454 Casull.

Tree Crippler

Jun 8, 2000
.300 WSM

If you didn't get to shoot one yet you have to. Kick isn't to bad for a 3300 fps 30 cal bullet. Only problem is I can't find the 150 grain balistic silvertips. After calling 15 big gunshops in PA I have located 6 boxes of 180gr fail safes and 3 boxes of 180gr power points. At least its sighted in with the 150 grs. At 100 yards expect your shots to be touching.

The short action is great for us guys that don't care for bolt actions. I'm kind of a semi or pump kind of guy. If I was looking for a 30-06 this would be a better choice. Can't wait to see what it does to a deer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom